Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

I’d like to go with lineage OS, copperhead has high specs and I don’t think it will be supported in the near future.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: It’s not easy to use market place as I can’t private message as I’m a “new user”

Hi Jonas, welcome here!

You could still additionally introduce you here. :slight_smile:
We always like Fairphone interested people, and to read about their intentions for Fairphone products, and maybe you find in some topic in this forum other reasons that become important for you later on.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Threads vs Topics

Sure, sorry ^___^ I’m an illustrator and graphic designer from Germany, I’ve been following Fairphone from FP1 but always got second hand phones from my brother and also never really had the money to invest in a Fairphone 2. Right now I’m caught between getting a FP2 second hand and waiting for a possible FP3 since the phone I’m using atm is developing quite a few quirks but is still usable so I’m hesitant to just abandon it.

I’m a big fan of the Fairphone philosphy and I’ve been reading posts on topics about trying to get conflict-free materials and the workplace situation in China (of the FP1, I think) etc with interest in the past.

So keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Many people are in this situation. You might be interested in this topic:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Threads vs Topics

A post was merged into an existing topic: Threads vs Topics

Hi, FairPhoners _o/

I’m Epy, freshly subscribed here, not already a FP owner but it is seriously considered for a few reasons I’ll explain
I’m a FOSS enthousiast (not sure of this term, english is not my native language) I would say FOSSH thought to include hardware too ^_^.

I’m also careful where I put my data and prefer to own it fully, even if it has some drawbacks or comfort disavantages.

I know FairPhone goal is not about open source software nor hardware but the fair trade hardware is also important to me :slight_smile: And there is a Opensource version of the OS, yay !

I’m really not happy with my current phone I had for free from family (Nokia 650) but I was forced to change because my N9 loses text messages when it contains one of these dumb new emojis… (text smileys were standards ! :cry: )

Not losing friends and family was “a little” more important than an old phone … I’m still using it for some apps, fully offline :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m mistrusftful from Android and iOS (not to mention WinPhone OS …) but the choice is thin those days … :frowning:
I hoped to use SailfishOS (almost FOSS and out of big data companies) on a recent phone but it doesn’t seems ready to use daily on FP2 from what I read, maybe I’m wrong ? And there is not many other hardware options
Won’t talk about other SFOS options here but I’m studying them too

I was considering buying an FP2 and flashing LineageOS with microG, I’m confident I won’t need much Play store Apps, so that’s not a real problem. I will find what I need on Fdroid

And then, here I am :slight_smile: Already with a daily-usage question I’ll ask in another topic I think (so much to read here !)

Thanks for this community :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Epy. :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

And sorry for the topic mistake

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Is SailfishOS ready for daily use?

Hallo Fairphoner,

ich freue mich, dass ich von meinem Geschäftskollegen auf das Fairphone aufmerksam gemacht worden bin. Gestern habe ich eines zugeschickt bekommen.

Natürlich will ich es fair betreiben, d. h. frei von den Datensaugern und mit dem Fairphone Open OS.

Viele Grüße an euch alle,
udoka

7 Likes

Willkommen, @udoka! :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m just adding my interest to the list of people desperately awaiting a Fairphone 3 in the US. I’ve been clinging to an powerful, but 8 year old LG, waiting to see if there would be a modification to Fairphone 2 for better US network compatibility, and am now holding out the 3 seems imminent, but I was hoping this Summer, as I’m fearing I will soon need to get some other phone just because my old one is having a harder and harder time doing its jobs… Is there any realistic estimate of when it will be available?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @lio.

In this topic you’ll find all the forum community knows and has heard rumours about:

Yes, that’s how I found this forum! I was hoping that by joining I might find something official here too and not just rumors. Is Fairphone not able to make any official statement in response to these rumors?

Thank you!

(official statement about release date and planned features that is.)

“So, we’re excited to announce that nearly three years after the introduction of the Fairphone 2, we’re not releasing a new model just yet. Instead, we’re aiming to extend the life cycle of the phone as much as we can.”

1 Like

Yes, I thought that came before the French article, but I guess it overrides it… To bad for potential US customers. It doesn’t seem from anything I’ve read that investing in the (expensive) FP2 is a good plan for here…

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hy I‘m Lotta from Germany.

I get my FP2 a we days ago.
Bevor I was an IPhone User.
My English isn‘t very well, so I‘m happy, if we can write in german.

Greetings
Lotta

4 Likes