Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hi all, I’m Daniele, from Italy, where, thanks God, I live with my wife and our children. I’ve bought my first Fairphone on 2014. Then a FP2 for my wife first, and another FP2 for me then followed :slight_smile:
I strongly believe in the values behind Fairphone experience (I’m looking forward that other products and services could be delivered in the world following these principles). I prefer to spend more on ethical products (and buy obviously less products - we are simple workers :slight_smile: ): it’s a way to contribute to make the world a better place (“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”, J.R.R. Tolkien)

5 Likes

Welcome to the Fairphone forum, @Daniele_Gagliardi :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Guillaume,

I am leaving in China for a bit more than 10 years now, working at a maintenance management consultancy there which made me very sensitive to the issues that Fairphone is adressing, and especially how it is addressed.

Your vision of how to change an industry is so much in line with what I directly experienced here: you guys are really doing what in the end have a real and sustainable impact.

Additionally, the direction taken towards building a long-life product and “taking in account maintainability from the design period” strikes a strong cord in me, considering my field of expertise.

I hope we woudl, in time, build a community there that can address the specific issues of being compatible with some of the local constraints (geopositionning…).

Cheers… and 加油!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Shanghailander ! It’s great to see another insider here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, this is Jens from Heidelberg, Germany.
I work in software/ enterprise IT/media.

Have the FP2 since 2016.
I get alot of very interested, very positive questions when someone sees my FP2.
FP2 did not work for some time due to #blackscreen issues. But found help in the forum and since then its fine.
I am very hopeful and very curious about the direction FP is going…
< year 2060: FP buys Samsung and Apple -> all the world uses fair phones :smiley: >

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Hanami. It seems you are the right person to push forward our plans for

:smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Amazing! Thanks for the link. I had no idea that there is really a strategic initiative looking that far ahead. Always good to remind oneself of the ‘big picture’ every now and then.

5 Likes

Hello, I’m from Antwerp and just received my FP2 yesterday. My previous phone was a iPhone 4 which I used since 2010. I was fed up with iOS taken decisions for me. So I tried Android, after playing a few hours with it I decided to install Open OS. It looks much better.

rgs

Framb00s

7 Likes

Great to see another Open Fairphoner. :wink: Welcome to the forum, @Framb00s! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, more people from 't Stad! Welcome!

3 Likes

Yeah Stefan good the see that I’m nog the only :wink:

1 Like

The open OS was along the ‘fair’, the main reason to buy a Fairphone.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: How can I become Google free?

Hey all,

Soon to be a former user of the Fairphone, I’m dropping the ability to have internet all the time in your pocket for a while. But really like the idea of the Fairphone.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @clemdu!

Hi everyone, I’m a new member here. Nice to meet you all.

4 Likes

Hi, @karenzhou, welcome to the forum! Nice to meet you too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m not usually posting on forums but I feel like I’ll love to talk to you guys.

I’m a (half swiss half dutch) software engineer in the making. I have no real plans for my career as of now and, to be honest, avoiding blood on my hands when doing my job would be a, somewhat, good thing. :sweat: I think if I ever get the opportunity to get on a project like the FP, I’d jump on it right away.

Anyways, my current phone got a cracked screen and I’ve been following the news around FP since the announcement of the FP2… I’ll be taking the step real soon (I’ll need to put all the social and ethical costs in budget first :money_mouth: ).

I’m looking forward to dig deeper on the software side of the FP.

Since I speak french, english and understand german, I’ll be reading all over the place during the time I’ll be saving money for my FP! (Just need to learn dutch someday to call myself a true dutch :confounded: )

Anyway I’m really glad this project exists and I hope I’ll be able to add something to it.

Cheers

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @ySiggen! :slight_smile: I think, your work would be most valuable on one of the community ports. Are you the Lineage OS, Sailfish OS or Ubuntu Touch type? :wink:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I’m from Graz/Austria and I received my FP2 1.5 week agon.
I switched to FP Open 16.12.0 but I also installed Google Play Store. I know, not everybody thinks this make sense :wink:
I also installed Xposed, Xprivacy and AFWall+. It was a lot of work, but I managed it. :slight_smile:

Now everything allmost works fine. There is only one issue with missed calls. I made a support request and I will do an forum-post.

The company I working for allowed that I chose the phone für me. So I decided for Fairphone, because it is very important for me to support the things Fairphone stands for.

Cheers,
Günter

8 Likes