Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hi Fairphone Forum,

after starting posting I should introduce myself :wink:

I read some years ago about the Fairphone project and was very happy that there are plans to offer an alternative to all this exploitation which happens during building a phone. I’ve read so many “Südwind” and other articles about the unfair production and was happy that finally there is a chance to use a phone without supporting these companies.

But I was not fast enough to order the first Fairphone 1 edition (FP1) and had to wait until the second Fairphone 1 edition (FP1U) was available.

I like my FP1U a lot and was not sure, if it is “sustainable” to order Fairphone 2 (FP2), if my “old” FP1U is still working fine.
But I was too curious and could not resist, so I ordered the new FP2. My new FP2 already arrived on 30.12.2015…

A bit about me:
I was born in upper Austria. I live in Vienna/Austria. I studied biology/ecology but work as a Senior Service Support Engineer now.

Personal statement:
It’s great that there are companies like Fairphone to show companies like Apple, Google, Samsung etc. that there are possibilities to create “fair” and sustainable products to give the consumers (=us) a possibility to choose :smile:

Greetings from Vienna!
Werner

5 Likes

Hey @werner_noebauer welcome to the forum and great you are already contributing!

Hey everyone!

I’m Markus, live near to Cologne and a proud FP2 owner for a few days now! :smile:

My last phone was an Xperia Z where I have Cyanogenmod 12.1 installed. Worked fine but after almost 3 years of use and a few drops it got some hardware issues. Repairing isn’t that easy because this phone is fully sticked together. That’s one of the main reason why i had decided to bought a FP2.

Now I’m waiting patiently for a root tutorial to use AFWall and Xposed Framework + XPrivacy again.

4 Likes

Hi everyone.

UK purchaser here. Looking forward to my delivery later this month :+1:

3 Likes

At februari 14, 2015 (yess Valentines day) I received a FP1U for my girlfriend.

In december 24, 2015 (yess the day of chrisms eve) I received my FP2 (for me, this time).

And??? You shall say…

1 Like

Hello, I’m Stephan, living in Germany (near Erlangen / Nürnberg) and since two days one of those proud owners of a FP2.

I"m reading the forum for months and now registered for being part of the (online)community. :blush:

4 Likes

Hi @colognesupporter, @Jcan, @rsteurs and @StephanNo, welcome you all to the Fairphone forum! The community is growing!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi guys,
Im Moritz, living near Nuremberg in Germany. I got my FP2 just 3 days ago and I’m super happy with it so far. It replaced my old Sony Ericsson W810i, which celebrated its 9th birthday in September last year :slight_smile: So my expectations for a long lasting phone are quite high :wink:
I’m looking forward to be part of the community here as I familiarize myself with my FP2 and with Android in general :slight_smile:
So much for now. Read you all very soon!

Moritz

6 Likes

Hello,
I’m Tommy/Toking, living in Germany (near Nuernberg). I ordered my FP2 in December and I’m looking forward to get my hands on it.
ATM I’m using iPhone and I only change to android because of the Fair Concept of Fairphone. I hope the idea spreads widley in the world and a lot of people change their minds to fair products.
Hope I can be part of the FP2 Community and get involved.
Greetings Toking

5 Likes

Sounds like an emerging Nuremberg Fairphone community :slight_smile: @StephanNo @Moritz @Toking

Welcome!

4 Likes

Looks quite like it and I moved to Bamberg recently. So if you @StephanNo, @Moritz or @Toking are to organise some meet-up, I’d be interested in joining :wink:

4 Likes

Frankenphoners unite! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ve been reading and posting on this forum for a while, but I’ve never properly introduced myself. So hi, I’m a Dutch student and I’ve had my Fairphone for over 2 weeks and I absolutely love it!

3 Likes

Maybe… Franconia got a Tatort-Team, and now a lokal Fairphone Group. :smiley:

(Bamberg is just 25 km from me @merci :wink: )

2 Likes

Sound like a good idea. I’d like to wait until I recieve my FP2. But then I would surley join a meeting in Nuernberg. Perhaps in Febuary. Is there an extra section in this forum for Local group-Announcements?
Grettings

1 Like

Yes, kind of, there is a thread called the local Fairphoners address book and I already created an entry for Bamberg/Nürnberg :wink: Apart from that I will create a separate topic later :slight_smile:

Edit: I just created said topic.

1 Like

Hi all! my name is Frans and I live in the Netherlands. I ordered a FP2 yesterday with a black cover. Now the waiting can start :wink:

4 Likes

Hi ! My name is Fabien, i live in the French Ardennes, near Belgium. I ordered my FP2 in december and my old (2008) Sony Ericsson will be glad to retire, and perhaps serve when i need more than a one day long powered phone (as when i leave in moutain to climb…). It renounces to take photos, is used to crash when i demand too much from him, refuses to overflow his memory or update safety certificate, etc…

I will discovered Android systems ! Waouh ! So exciting (irony inside) ! A new short will introduce itself to me. I hope i won’t be disenchanting !

I was seduice by this project, and despite it costs a lot, too much for the use I used to do with my former phone, I hope that my (perhaps one day) incoming FairPhone will last as long as this strong K660i (i just have to change battery and clean the rust of some contact of the keyboard).

Meanwhile, i try to wait with an FairPaper but it didn’t resist in my pocket so much…

5 Likes

Hi, I am new here. It’s a great honor to be a part of this forum.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m currently waiting for my FP2. I am 26, physics student and living in switzerland.
I’m looking on solutions to make FP2 last longer as I’m a traveller and want the FP2 to be my all in one device for long periods.

5 Likes