Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

thank you @urs_lesse. I have loads of patience :slight_smile:

Welcome. I’s nice to see that Fairphone grows in all areas.

Only one question: Which phone do you use? :smiley:

heya @jftr

I use a Fairphone 1! (first edition) but I also use have an iPhone4S (with Jailbreak).

Probably somewhere end this month I will have a third phone :slight_smile:

I really like playing with my devices, breaking, hacking, dis- and reassemble them, so I always have a bunch of devices lying around to learn about the differences between platforms.

4 Likes

Hello @douwe,

Nice to be able to see your work and contributions on this forum as well. I enjoyed your articles at De Correpondent very much. Good also to know that you’re a person that both understands the need as well as some of the the technicalities of privacy on mobile devices.

2 Likes

Hey, I already posted sometimes in some posts, but now I finally “introduce myself” :wink:
I am 16, live in Vienna and have the FP1u. I just flashed Android 4.4.2 on my Fairphone and I am very happy now :blush:
Greetings.

btw is there some way to change your username in this forum?

4 Likes

Hi, @z3ntu, (officially) welcome to the forum. Great to see fellow Austrians join us here! :woot: I’m sure you have seen this, haven’t you:

On Wednesday, 13:00, you’ll have the chance to meet @anon30133089 and see a FP2 prototype live! :smiley: I’d especially appreciate if you’d come by, since I’d like to see Kitkat on your FP1U. :slight_smile: (If you’re at school at that time, stay there! I’m not encouraging you to skip classes! :wink: )

Regarding the username: If you can’t change it yourself in your account settings, the community mods can do it for you. Just PM one of us. :slight_smile:

I just PM’ed you. And I have school until 13:25 on Wednesday, but I could be there at 13:45 :smile: I’ll try to come!

1 Like

A very cool biography you have :slight_smile: (oh, new smilies? finally!)
Congratulations on your child :balloon: :four_leaf_clover:
And what will your third (!) phone be?

4 Likes

Welcome and congrats for becoming a father!

2 Likes

thank you! I hink my third phone will be a very nice Fairphone 2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ah, wasn’t sure because end Nov. is early, isn’t it?
Will you keep your FP1 at the same time?

If he is, that would make 5 SIM-slots in total… :wink:

1 Like

This is getting a bit off topic; but yeah; I will keep the Fairphone1 to be able to quickly look something up if I get a request for support. But, just as with my iPhone 4S, it will no longer be my main phone and probably won’t even have a SIM card in it…

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m Vincent and I have never owned a smartphone before. Last year when I got tempted by a deal on Coolblue, I did a pro and con analysis for myself of replacing my dumb Nokia 1100 with a smartphone, but I decided against the smartphone and pro my Nokia for it’s long lasting battery power, the lack of fear of someone hacking your phone (hacking a smartphone is both easier and can cause more damage than hacking a dumbphone methinks), plus it’s not very environmentally friendly to buy a new apparatus when the old one still functions (but I don’t abide to that rule when it comes to computers though, being a gamer, I replace my computers with quicker and bigger ones before they break down).

However, hearing about the Fairphone project got me so enthusiastic about their method of going for a more fair and sustainable electronics market, that I wanted to have one to vote with my wallet for electronics that are made with other principles than just profit and cost-efficiency. Plus the whole vision of Fairphone and the way they’re working to make that vision come true makes me very happy and turned out to work like an anti-depressant when reading the site. I’m however a bit sad there’s no Fairblet yet. I don’t know of any tablets made with sustainable values. I have a Samsung Tab 2 that I use for reading in bed and for travelling, that I find frustratingly show, but I rather put up with it’s slowness until there’s a fair tablet to be found.

This introduction is just about me and electronics and I didn’t share anything about me as a person but for a tendency to depression, but after all, that’s what this forum is about: a fair and sustainable piece of electronic hardware.

6 Likes

Welcome Vincent! Thanks for your straight and open introduction here. :slight_smile: I hope you’ll find the atmosphere here as constructive as I do.

I already do. I’ve been ‘lurking’ on the forum ever since I ordered the FP2 back in july and I really appreciate the respectful tone to each other on this forum. Respectful talk on the internet is usually found in the small niches with a smaller userbase. I saw the game distributor GOG’s forum deteriorate quite a bit over the years when it went from a company selling only Good Old Games to one expanding it’s userbase with the selling of newer games and also AAA titles. Size tripled and respectfulness dropping by 66%, so to speak. I find myself hoping Fairphone will grown big for environmental and social reasons and hoping for it to stay small for it’s forum atmosphere.

4 Likes

Welcome Vincent,

Hope you can contribute in the forum well :smile:

Greetings, Vincenz :wink:

Welcome! Looking forward to your contributions and of course your experiences with your FP2 once you got it :smile:

Hi everyone!
Just registered a few Hours ago. I’m lurking around here since I ordered my FP2 in July. I nearly ordered a FP1 last winter, but I decided to wait for the new one.
I was fascinated and exited about the construction because I’m a technician and I like the way FP trys to change the way things happen in the electronic business. :smiley:
CU in the FP forum
Franz

4 Likes

Bonjour ! I am Sylvain. I work with the Customer Support team at our amazing office in Amsterdam. I will be glad to answer your questions about Fairphone in general or your issues with your lovely device, especially in French and Spanish.You can test my German occasionally.

After a master degree in Political Sciences, International Cooperation, Development and Risk Management in Developing countries in France, I spent five years in Latin America. There I worked for a large range of development and humanitarian projects in Bolivia, Colombia and Honduras at the UN, NGOs and governmental cooperation. I am particularly interested in a couple of big issues we have in our not-so-fair world, as freedom of speech and privacy issue, natural resources exploitation and climate change among others.

I was among the first backers of the Fairphone 1 back in 2013. Since then I passionately followed Fairphone’s disruptive and holistic approach to change the way electronics are made. I eventually joined the team in October 2015 and landed in The Netherlands. After all these years where biking was like a jungle expedition, I really enjoy my arrival at this bikes paradise!

11 Likes