Welcome back, bug! Speaker does not work in calls

Hi, it seems that with the last security update the bug is back that after some time when the phone is on, the speaker is not working for incoming or outgoing calls. It works for one or the other call and after that the same thing happens again. This is so annoying! Does anyone have this issue also again and is there any solution except restarting the phone?

Can you detail which speaker (Loud/Ear) and probably refer to the old topic regarding this bug? With Calls you mean Phonecalls or Video calls through any app?

I am talking about the ear speaker and afaik is mainly (only?) phone calls. To be honest, I cannot exactly remember what was affected the last time and I made the update some hours ago, so I did not yet test everything. It just occurred during a normal phone call.
I also cannot exactly remember which of the below two updates fixed the issue but it was one of them:
Fairphone OS version 8901.3.A.0101.20210420 (Android 10) - April 28, 2021

• Fixed a sensitivity issue with the microphone/speaker
    […]

Fairphone OS version 8901.3.A.0084.20200204 (Android 10) - March 3, 2021

• Fixed a bug that was causing the microphone/speaker to stop working under certain conditions
    […]

So you are now on Version 3.A.0135. 20211222 and you had 1 call where it happened? I have changed the category

Exactly. It happend immediately after the update and I tried a few times to call the person and this person tried to call me so actually it was more than one call. After a reboot it worked again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.