Wallpaper-related questions

Two quick questions that I have been unable to resolve myself:

1. How do I set the FP4 Wallpaper to ‘None’? It seems the Wallpaper app always requires me to make a selection - I can’t just have ‘no wallpaper’,

2. What is the pixel size of the FP4 display? This is so I can make my own correctly-sized wallpaper images, as the default app appears to have no way to resize, position or crop existing images, which makes having them the correct size to start with rather essential.

Thanks!

According to the Fairphone Website:

the resolution of the screen is 1080 x 2340 Pixel. But in my experience, the picture will be stretched or cropped to fit.

3 Likes

Thanks! Embarassed to have missed this spec. on the website.

I have not had luck with the wallpaper being correctly stretched or cropped. There appear to be no options to control this in the as-supplied Wallpaper tool on the phone.

You can create a simple plane one colour image and use that.

You can then use a simple alternate image with a grid

You can then use any image that fits the grid that is visible.

2 Likes

Yes - I have done what you suggest with a simple flat-colour image. Now that I know the pixel dimensions of the display, the problem of making properly-sized images in The GIMP is solved!

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I have done: I made my wallpaper for FP in Gimp on my own, started with a blank image file at the FP’s screen resolution size, defined two colors in Gimp as for- and background colors and make a nice, easy and calm image with the Gimp’s color gradient tool. After that I exported this file as an JPG, put it onto my FP via USB connection and voilà there was my self-made background screen. It’s easy as 1-2-3, but you should be a little bit experienced with programs like Gimp or Photoshop to make an own image from the scratch.

3 Likes

This is what I did too, almost to the letter!

The GIMP and Inkscape are well worth learning.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I would like to create wallpaper but I don’t find the right folder (the one with the originals wallpapers) to put it.
any idea ?

Thanks.

You can put the ‘wallpaper’ anywhere. For example you can take a picture and access the DCIM folder etc.

See the second image in the post below ~ you can select an image from anywhere.

1 Like

Thank you (again) @anon9989719.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.