Volume up button not working correctly

Hi,

I have a Fairphone 2 with a Slim case. The volume buttons are not really good to press. Sometimes there isn´t any haptic feedback but they will still work. However most of the time the volume up button does not work at all (unless it is pressed very hard).

I already removed the cover and tried the buttons without it. They work perfectly fine. So it has to be an issue of the case.

Does anyone else experience this problem? Does someone have a case without these issues? Should I request a new case?

Thank you!

I got my new phone on Friday. Experiencing the same issue.

Wondering if there is a simple fix or whether I should send the phone back.

Have you tried just flipping the button in the opposite direction?

• down - up ?

Or can it not be removed easily?

1 Like

Have you tried to press the buttons without the case?

I can´t image how to flip the buttons since the two buttons are one element and they have a curved edge.

1 Like

Oops, sorry. I have now checked a detail photo and it’s impossible, of course, yes.

Yes - tried it without the cover as well. Same issue. It seems like a defect with the button mechanism.

I don´t know if they can be replaced easily. If not, I would definitely send it back.

I’m having the same problem, it’s really annoying. I might download an app to change volume, but that shouldn’t be the solution. Does fairphone know?

I’m having the same problem, no solution until now.:sob:

You shouldn´t have to do that. I´m not sure if Fairphone knows. I hoped to get an answer by opening this thread.

I can also confirm that it does not get better over time.

I have the same problem with my slim case. It seems that it depends on the angle in which you press the volume keys. If I press it straight from the side I need to press it very hard, but at an angle from the back side of the phone it’s easier.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or a feature :wink: but it’s not so bad that I can’t live with it.

Got the same problem, fp2, slimcase, but for me, too, it’s not so bad I can’t live with it. Just replying in order to let the “fairphone-people” know many people got this problem (just with the slim case…?)