Volume don't change when playing music - no volume

Hi everyone,

I’m very happy with my FP2, but since one week, I have problems with the music player…
It happened two or three times that when I lauched some music, volume was turn down and impossible to change… I had to stop the app and restart it, and then the volume was at his maximum…
I am often using a Marshall Major Heahphone, but this happened also whith a simple jack-cable.

Does anyone noticed the same problem ?

Thank’s in advance

I’ve got the same problem with every app regarding the media sound. The volume for videos and music goes down after using the phone for some time and unable to set it up anymore. The sound is there with phone calls. Rebooting the whole phone helps but only for a while.

I’ve thought it has something to do with the silent mode (which I’m using most of the time) not working properly… But now I just read from the forums that someone had had the same problem with FP1 which had got solved when uninstalled Maps, Batterry Doctor & Clean Master. From these I got only CM at use so now I’m trying if getting rid of it helps.

I’ll try my best to remember to report back here the results… :grin:

Somebody in the Facebook group Fairphone-Freunde found out that indeed this problem occurs when the FP2 is booted in silent mode. So a workaround would be to switch to normal mode before switching the phone off.

Oh ok that’s good to know, thank you very much for this info! :relieved:

Still haven’t found help to the issue. None of the previous mentioned have helped…

If someone has found other work arounds would really appreciate help.

I switched to Rocket Player and haven’t had this problem since then…

But the same problem still occurs with other apps…
The best way I found to “solve“ it is to reboot the Fairphone. For me, it always worked well after the reboot…

Ok, that’s good to find some help I quess.

But yeah I think what makes it really a problem is exactly that it occurs with every app. And yes the only help I’ve found also is to reboot the phone. But I find it really annoying to be forced to reboot the whole phone (not to mention FP2 isn’t quite the fastest to reboot) when you want to listen a single voice message (e.g.)… :no_mouth: