Vibrator does not work FP2

Hi fairphoners!

I received my FP2 in February and my vibrator worked 2 days… I tryed to reboot the phone but it still does not work. I also sent an email to FP but nobody answered me.

Has some people same problem?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

I cannot remember somebody reporting this problem here in the forum - you might be the first. It sounds like a hardware issue. You could disassemble the cover and have a look at the vibration motor at the back of the phone. here is a description of its position:

That even works while the phone is on and you could initiate an event where the phone would usually vibrate to see what happens to the vibration motor.

Yeah that’s due to the mass of e-mail support requests. You could call them - this usually works a lot faster.

1 Like

I have a similar issue with the vibrator. It does seem rather random. Sometimes it just stops working while I’m in the middle of typing, then starts to work again after a bit. Lightly tapping the back cover also works out sometimes. Not sure what is causing this, maybe the connector is faulty?

Hi, my vibration function stopped working today. First it made a cricket like sound and then it stopped completely. How do I fixed it? If I can’t fixed it, can I get a new one? The vibration function comes in handy, you see… . Greetings

1 Like

If it sounded strange and then stopped, I’m guessing its broken. Best thing would be to contact support.
If you use the form (alternatively phone details are at the bottom of the page with the form), in the pull down menus below the description box this would be: I have a Fairphone Product — Fairphone 2 — I experience a problem / my device is broken. As far as I know support can handle requests written in Dutch, English, German, French and Spanish (and possibly other languages).

I just received an answered from the contact team. I download an app to test my vibrator and it still does not work. So they will send me a new bottom module! And know, the vibrator works randomly… I am going to be crazy with this :slight_smile:

What was the app they suggested to test the vibrator? Cheers

1 Like

Go to settings->maintenance->Checkup->vibration motor. That’s the easiest way to check the correct operation.

4 Likes

Hey! Here was the app to test the vibrator :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anthonyquarella.vibratetester&hl=de.

If your vibrator works with this app it means that you have a software
problem, if it does not it means that the problem is with the vibrator.

1 Like

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my recent experience with the vibration motor… About a month or so ago, it would sometimes randomly stop working, and also didn’t react to the checkup app in those cases. This became more and more frequent until it finally stopped working altogether. Now, about a week ago I accidentally dropped my FP2 on the floor, luckily nothing broke and…guess what…the vibration has been working normally again ever since :grin: Not sure what to make out of that, but as long as it lasts, I’ll take it!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend this as a general instruction how to fix such things but I could imagine that due to the impact a somewhat loose contact got into a slightly different position which causes the vibration motor to work again now. Maybe in your case taking apart the phone and putting it together again would have had the same effect - thus no need to drop the phone :wink:

5 Likes