USB-C : What can do FP 3 and 4?

Hello,

I know that the USB-C can transport many things in the standard. Now, if I connect a USB-C hub onto a FP3 or FP4, will I be able to connect:

• Ethernet
  • SD card
  • USB stick
  • HDMI cable
  • USB Keyboard
  • DisplayPort cable ?

Thank you for your attention!

Hello,
I think there may be some misunderstanding here, and possible confusion of connectors with standards for usage such as USB 1, 2, 3 and 4.
“USB-C” is just the specification of a connector. It does not guarantee any protocol or data standard, though it has capability to carry data, audio, video and power, if the devices are capable of this themselves.

You should check the technical specifications of the phones themselves: FP3 and FP4. You will notice that FP3 has a USB-C port but provides support for USB 2, while FP4 supports USB 3.

The short answer to your question is that with a hub (but not just any hub) you’ll be able to do a lot but not necessarily everything at the same time. Search the forum.
I would advise you not to buy online, but to consult a reliable hardware vendor, who can give expert advice on the products they sell and may be able to let you test some configurations and combinations of equipment.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.