Updating LineageOS 15.1 for microG via TWRP + feature test

Update Installed via TWRP 3.2.3-0 (Releases)

The following things work for me so far:

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • internet via mobile network
  • screenshot
  • main camera (new module) works correctly with Open Camera, the stock camera App doesn’t operate the flash correctly.
  • main camera (new module) video recording
  • selfie camera (new module)
  • selfie camera (new module) video recording works correctly with the stock camera App, Open Camera records only black after a random number of seconds.
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • alarm
  • MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.11
  • Root access (Settings - Developer Settings - Root Access)
  • USB OTG
  • WiFi hotspot
  • Bluetooth (data connection, music playback, pairings were gone after the update)
  • FM radio
  • weather (Your local weather with my own OpenWeatherMap API Key, Weather Widget)

For reporting bugs see the bottom of this page.

3 Likes

Seems to be somewhat random. I’ve never lost them (currently running LOS+mG 2018/10/15).

Actually I wouldn’t have thought much about it, as I inexpertly consider Bluetooth a mess along with e.g. WiFi and USB, where unexpected stuff can happen at any time :slight_smile: … but I thought I’d mention it, because …

1 Like

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • screenshot
  • main camera (new module) works correctly with Open Camera, the stock camera App doesn’t operate the flash correctly.
  • selfie camera (new module) video recording works correctly with the stock camera App, Open Camera records only black after a random number of seconds.
  • alarm
  • MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.11
  • USB OTG
  • WiFi hotspot
  • Bluetooth (data connection, music playback, pairings survived the update)
  • FM radio
  • weather (Your local weather with my own OpenWeatherMap API Key - had to revert to 4.2.6 because 4.3.1 was crashing all the time if Location 0 was set to manual updates, Weather Widget)

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • screenshot
  • alarm
  • MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.11
  • USB OTG
  • WiFi hotspot
  • Bluetooth (data connection, music playback … pairings survived the update)
  • FM radio
  • weather (Your local weather with my own OpenWeatherMap API Key - App works, Widget stopped updating, Weather Widget)

2 Likes

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • screenshot
  • alarm
  • MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.11
  • USB OTG
  • WiFi hotspot
  • Bluetooth (data connection, music playback … pairings survived the update)
  • FM radio
  • weather (Your local weather with my own OpenWeatherMap API Key - Widget returned to work prior to the update, Weather Widget)

2 Likes

Is there any reason why there is no update this week?

funny, i found an update on monday, another one on tuesday and just got the notification about another one. guess something went wrong there…

I usually check this site to know what’s up

2 Likes

Do you have the microG version?
Regular lineage has had 3 updates this week, but the microG version none.

3 Likes

Who actually maintains LineageOS+microG?

i have the regular version!

But is there a reason why they provided three updates? Should i install the newest? im not sure because there are no changes listed on the changelog…

And me I check this other page, similar to yours but little different :wink:

https://download.lineageos.org/FP2/changes/

However I don’t understand why there were 3 updates in 3 days, as there is no new changes to incorporate…

lineageos.org gave “502 Bad Gateway” just now. Wanted to check if they announced anything about going from weeklies to actual nightlies :wink:

1 Like

https://www.lineageos.org/ works, though.

Edited to add:

The changelog has a point Nightly + Monthly Builds. so this may explain the nightly builds.

There’s this from November 12 (latest LineageOS for microG builds are from November 11, but not for the Fairphone 2, mind) …

https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-1-nightly-builds-monthly-14-1-builds/

And as long as the relation of this to microG builds is unclear, perhaps keep an eye on this one here …

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78135129&postcount=1108

2 Likes

I have LOS+MicroG (thats why I wrote here). As far as I understood till now LOS+microg was probably not able to Change to the new nightlies and thats why the latest Version is from last week?

Just my guess.
But the LineageOS for microG build cycle stopped at November 11, when at November 12 LineageOS switched to the nightly/monthly builds … I can’t see that as a coincidence.

1 Like

That mean no more update from LOS+microg fork from now?

I hope not! I’ll wait some weeks