Updating LineageOS 15.1 for microG via TWRP + feature test

It’s due to the (famous/infamous?) new-camera-reboot bug…
Workaround: turn on your flash before starting the LOS update :smiley:

EDIT: or just maintain volume up during the reboot triggered by the LOS updater…

2 Likes

I had no problems with the update.
FP2 with the old camera modules.

yes looks like it could be that. I have the new camera module now. will test those things next time :stuck_out_tongue:

Update Installed via TWRP 3.2.3-0 (Releases)

The following things work for me so far:

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • internet via mobile network
  • screenshot
  • main camera (new module) works correctly with Open Camera, the stock camera App doesn’t operate the flash correctly.
  • main camera (new module) video recording
  • selfie camera (new module)
  • selfie camera (new module) video recording works correctly with the stock camera App, Open Camera records only black after a random number of seconds.
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • alarm
  • MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.11
  • Root access (Settings - Developer Settings - Root Access)
  • USB OTG
  • WiFi hotspot
  • Bluetooth (data connection, music playback, pairings were gone after the update)
  • FM radio
  • weather (Your local weather with my own OpenWeatherMap API Key, Weather Widget)

For reporting bugs see the bottom of this page.

3 Likes

Seems to be somewhat random. I’ve never lost them (currently running LOS+mG 2018/10/15).

Actually I wouldn’t have thought much about it, as I inexpertly consider Bluetooth a mess along with e.g. WiFi and USB, where unexpected stuff can happen at any time :slight_smile: … but I thought I’d mention it, because …

1 Like

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • screenshot
  • main camera (new module) works correctly with Open Camera, the stock camera App doesn’t operate the flash correctly.
  • selfie camera (new module) video recording works correctly with the stock camera App, Open Camera records only black after a random number of seconds.
  • alarm
  • MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.11
  • USB OTG
  • WiFi hotspot
  • Bluetooth (data connection, music playback, pairings survived the update)
  • FM radio
  • weather (Your local weather with my own OpenWeatherMap API Key - had to revert to 4.2.6 because 4.3.1 was crashing all the time if Location 0 was set to manual updates, Weather Widget)

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • screenshot
  • alarm
  • MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.11
  • USB OTG
  • WiFi hotspot
  • Bluetooth (data connection, music playback … pairings survived the update)
  • FM radio
  • weather (Your local weather with my own OpenWeatherMap API Key - App works, Widget stopped updating, Weather Widget)

2 Likes

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • screenshot
  • alarm
  • MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.11
  • USB OTG
  • WiFi hotspot
  • Bluetooth (data connection, music playback … pairings survived the update)
  • FM radio
  • weather (Your local weather with my own OpenWeatherMap API Key - Widget returned to work prior to the update, Weather Widget)

2 Likes

Is there any reason why there is no update this week?

funny, i found an update on monday, another one on tuesday and just got the notification about another one. guess something went wrong there…

I usually check this site to know what’s up

2 Likes

Do you have the microG version?
Regular lineage has had 3 updates this week, but the microG version none.

3 Likes

Who actually maintains LineageOS+microG?

i have the regular version!

But is there a reason why they provided three updates? Should i install the newest? im not sure because there are no changes listed on the changelog…

And me I check this other page, similar to yours but little different :wink:

https://download.lineageos.org/FP2/changes/

However I don’t understand why there were 3 updates in 3 days, as there is no new changes to incorporate…

lineageos.org gave “502 Bad Gateway” just now. Wanted to check if they announced anything about going from weeklies to actual nightlies :wink:

1 Like

https://www.lineageos.org/ works, though.

Edited to add:

The changelog has a point Nightly + Monthly Builds. so this may explain the nightly builds.

There’s this from November 12 (latest LineageOS for microG builds are from November 11, but not for the Fairphone 2, mind) …

https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-1-nightly-builds-monthly-14-1-builds/

And as long as the relation of this to microG builds is unclear, perhaps keep an eye on this one here …

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78135129&postcount=1108

2 Likes

I have LOS+MicroG (thats why I wrote here). As far as I understood till now LOS+microg was probably not able to Change to the new nightlies and thats why the latest Version is from last week?