Update to Android 6 fails

I’ve got TWRP 2.8.7.0 installed, to get root access, and never had problems updating. Now, however, I updated first to Fairphone OS 1.13, which worked, and then to 17.0x (I tried two of the 3 version to update from 1.13, from the FP2 OS download page), and I get the error

“Package expects build fingerprint of Fairphone/FP2/FP2:5.1/FP2/r4275.1_FP2_gms76_1.13.0:user/release-keys or [similarly long tag]; this device has Fairphone/FP2/FP2:5.1/FP2/ms01200159:eng/test-keys”

even though the update to 1.13 was downloaded from the same page, on the same day (and the FP Updater app says I’ve got 1.13, so the update must have worked).

Following this stackexchange post, I’ve tried deleting the fingerprint checking, but the update then complains of unexpected system files, which makes sense, I guess, but won’t help me get Android 6…

Oh, and I don’t think it should be a problem, but for 1.13, I’ve so far not installed superuser yet, since it was supposed to just be a stopgap on the way to 1.17.

Anybody know what’s going on and how I can get an update that works?

It appears to be a test release (i.e. a beta). Or maybe this is what FP2 outputs when the system has been modded, I don’t know. What is sure is that you don’t have a regular FP OS 1.13.0 system, which is what you need.

Sure. In order to be smaller in size, latest FP OS updates are partial updates, which means they need an unmodded OS of the former update to work properly. Removing fingerprint checks is therefore dangerous and you could end with a softbrick.

Try again to install FP2 - Update file of Fairphone OS 1.13.0 (full update) and then FP2 - Update file of Fairphone OS 17.06.4 from 1.13.0 (Android 5.1) (partial update)

Try again to install FP2 - Update file of Fairphone OS 1.13.0 (full update) and then FP2 - Update file of Fairphone OS 17.06.4 from 1.13.0 (Android 5.1) (partial update)

I did, but the signature seems to be that of the download on the homepage – unless TWRP really does change the signature at flash time.

I’ve given up and flashed the binary update (even though some apps disappeared it’s not a big problem, since I was slowly beginning to contemplate a factory reset anyway), so although I couldn’t resolve the problem (and who knows, I might get the same one later down the road), the immediate goal of getting Android 6 has been accomplished.

Thanks for the help, though!

You maybe checked Keep system as read only in TWRP first time you launched it? Because if you did, it probably wasn’t replacing your system at all. Flashable 1.13.0 update might be corrupt or buggy, but that seems very weird to me, although it is possible.

Anyway, glad you solved it, :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.