Update rooted FP2 17.05.2 from 17.04.8 fails using various methods

Hi all,

I was trying to update my FP2 from 17.04.8 to 17.05.2. It is rooted, but no other “manual” modifications to the system have been done. I have tried out various ways to update the phone, but all of them fail for different reasons:

Updating the official way fails the same way as for a long time; that’s is ok for me.

Opeining the FP2-gms-17.05.2-ota-from17.04.8.zip with the Updater works, but pressing the “Reboot” button in the Updater app does nothing (Play store says the Updater app is up to date).

Apply the update file from a micro-SD card from system recovery fails with the error “Couldn’t mount /sdcard”.

Apply update from ADB fails with FP2-gms-17.05.2-ota-from17.04.8.zip - probably for the same reason as the official way to update fails?

Flashing the full binary with ADB fails with "footer is wrong"
Also the support site at https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/207914363-Manually-install-Fairphone-OS-for-the-Fairphone-2 says “The user data will be erased”. Does that mean a factory reset is done when applying the update with menthod? That is the last Thing I want…

Is there anything left that I can try to get the new Version to the Phone? Any help welcome.

Thanks
Robert

Did you have a look here?

1 Like

ok, that’s it. I did oversee this one information in the numerous posts…
Thanks for your help!

1 Like