Update - apps vanished

… I am always - or in 90 % - of all updates disgusted with the results… a lot of nerds improving some features… without taking into account usability - really nearly NEVER
now a new update…
and the icon (app launcher ?) to show my available apps at the bottom is vanished… I am very reluctant as to install hundreds apps… I only have roundabout 20-25 …
but where do I find them now ???
SH‘***

would try to solve the problem by myself via developper /expert mode … but no chance to find the icon for changing my settings…

Fairphone 2?    

yes…
omg 20 characters

And with Fairphone OS (FPOS) and not Fairphone Open (FPOOS)?
Well, I doubt that the app launcher was removed on the update. Actually it sounds a bit more as there went something wrong during update… :frowning:
If you have a working backup you might consider to do a factory reset. I’d expect the app launcher to reappear…
Maybe someone else has more ideas…

2 Likes

I love updates… the button did not react pushing it (like the phone button and this small square where you see all apps which are actually opened) …
only these two buttons open with a tip on it
BUT NOW you have to swipe up the icon in the middle to open all available apps…
just found it out by chance LOL

1 Like

Great you found out!
And well - there’s Google to blame for the change - but still they won’t accept a blame and will tell you it has improved very much… :wink:

1 Like

You can always switch back to the old behavior: Settings->System->Gesture->System navigation

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.