[UNOFFICIAL] Stock ROM Android 4.4.2/4.4.4 Kitkat for FP1 & FP1U

Updated but been using the FP2 (:rage:) so now that I’m waiting for my FP2 to be repaired, I come back to my favorite phone!!! :grinning:

Still have a problem with the widgets though… I scroll through the widgets and the OS shuts down.

I don’t know why…

Maybe that it this OS interacts poorly with the FP launcher?

As fairphone has started providing 4.4.4 kitkat, there’s no need to continue with my build. I hope that my work has - to some extend - motivated FP to continue working on this. I wish you guys all the best.

Chris

12 Likes

Hello,

I probably missed something, but where can I upgrade to 4,4,4 Kitkat, officialy provided by Fairphone ?

Thanks

OK, sorry Chris, I found the answer on the blog.

And thanks for the great job you did.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your great effort, @chrmhoffmann ! I’ve been using your Kitkat build for 5 months and never experienced any problems. I applaud your skills!

5 Likes

Here is the call for beta testers of the official Kitkat port:

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/call-for-testers-of-android-4-4alpha-for-fairphone-1/19411

I’ve been using your build from the first version and admire your skills and your support to the community. A BIG thank you. You might have saved me from buying another phone. Wish you well, may good karma stay with you, may many people copy your attitude and contribute to the community. Thank you for the modest good bye - farewell

1 Like

Thanks and all the best as well! It was really helpful for me, else I would have bought a Nexus in the meantime. If you think about it, do you think from your experiences that Google will continue to support 4.4.4 after 2016? Thanks once again for all your unpretentious given builds and time!

3 Likes

We want to thank you @chrmhoffmann for all your work and we do so with a dedicated thread:

3 Likes

Hey guys,

there is still some time till the official release of KK 4.4.4 from fairphone.
I’m struggling with my fp1 kk 4.4.4 fp1-kk444-CH-0.9.7 without google playstore but with xposed and f-droid. I´ve tried to use pokemon go (0.29.2). Without google I used an pokemon club account to get access. My problem is die GPS-connection. My gps works perfectly with sygic (navigation) or gps-status, but pokemon says it cannot find a gps signal.
I tried:
-.apk 0.29.0 and 0.29.2
-several reboots
-clearing the cache
-gpsfix (sygic etc. works fine, but not pokemon)
-µGs from f-droid and xposed (but I don’t really now what I really did, it didn’t work out)
-fakelocation out of xposed to get at least one position in the game (no, didn’t work)
-deleted all gps-supporting apps (gps-status, µGs, etc.)

I’m wondering if it has something to do with the missing playstore and if yes, how can I solve the problem without installing it.

thanks for helping

PS. I did not want to open a new topic, because of my special setup, if the moderation team does not agree with my decision, then they are welcome to move it somewhere else.;-]

Can you tell us what permissions the game needs? Maybe you will need micoG or something like that to make Google happy?

this are the permissions. when I install the app, the OS is asking if I want to let pokemon go use my current position. I always agreed and said don’t ask me again.

I don’t know if this is of any help, but I’m successfully running Ingress (which is quite similar) with microG.

First thanks both of you.

But what does microG or Ingress?

Anyway I will give it a try and will report.

Okay I see, Ingress is a game.
So which versions of microG are you using and where did you get them (xposed, browser, f-droid?)
On F-drid I can find µG (GApps); µG (no GApps); and µG (no GApps, legacy).

Ingress is a game from the same vendor as Pokémon Go. And it’s really mostly the same (but without Pokémon).

I’ve installed microG from their F-Droid repository.

I think I’m running microG successfully, but it still doesn’t work.

I tried to use Ingress to check if it is a problem with my settings, but when I’m starting it I have to use an account (I think google), but you see in the screenshots that I cannot choose it.

So I still think I have a problem with my setup.

@YtvwlD You are using chishoffmanns KK 4.4.4 without google play store? Could you please explain your setup a bit more detailed to me.

Thank you,

charlie

Well, I did the same things as you.
Then I installed the blank store and configured it (not sure if that’s relevant).
And I added my Google account.

Hey @YtvwlD, I think the blankstore was decidend. I have problems to get it running. I downloaded it microG XDA and followed the instruction more or less here. When I’m starting blankstore I register with my mail address and password but I have no clue what to do with my android ID. I tried a few times this on windows but I got an error message and I cannot get it running on linux, I have problems with java on linux.

I also tried this, but it didn’t solve the problem.