[UNOFFICIAL] Stock ROM Android 4.4.2/4.4.4 Kitkat for FP1 & FP1U

It’s in the first post of the topic over at XDA (here) - the link you want should be: https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=chrmhoffmann&dl=chrmhoffmann/fp1-kk-stock/fp1-kk444-CH-0.9.3.zip

2 Likes

Do you think it would make sense to merge this thread with the howto (=to put the HOWTO as a wiki on top of this thread and freeze the old one, maybe?). So that people will find the links faster and can make the updates if needed? Just an idea. Maybe it’s okay the way it is. XDA is mentioned on it. It’s still important people compare checksums.

All – the part on how to install all the FP apps back on the phone needs some love. If someone wants to extent that part (download the image, extract and sideload the apks) – go wild :slight_smile: In the end of the HOWTO a FP1 should look like 4.4.2 FP1 … just with 4…4.4.

Thanks @fp1_wo_sw_updates & @Johannes. I downloaded the latest zip and installed it with old GApps as the link provided by @petefoth did not work for me. because, previously GApps files were 84 MB and this time, may be i m wrong, it rises beyond 1 GB. Any idea?.. sorry for poor English. Maybe @petefoth can explain this. thanks all of you and especially @chrmhoffmann for hard work

Are you sure you are selecting the right version? It has to be the nano package for version 4.4 on an ARM SoC. That’s still ~84 MB.

Edit: It doesn’t have to be the nano package. You can choose any of the provided packages. But the larger packages likely contain many apps you won’t ever use.

Ya it was a zip file in the page i selected. However, i got it from website quoted by @Johannes. Thanks again all of you

Hey guys,

I’m using chrmhoffmanns ROM now for two days and it’s working really well. I couldn’t find any problem till now. My system runs without google but with xposed and gravity.

Thank you chrmhoffmann and thanks to this awesome community, your wiki (https://forum.fairphone.com/t/unofficial-pencil2-howto-testing-the-latest-unofficial-4-4-4-rom-and-switching-back-to-fp-os-again-for-unix-fp1/11024) helped me a lot!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I have install chrmhoffman ROM (fp1-kk444-CH-0.9.3 zip) and i’m very happy about.I want to thank all of you very much for your work and your time you spent on it, especially chrmhoffmann.
I have try it now about 1 month and everything seems to be good.
For me, because of my work, it is necessary, to use the screen-Mirroring. This morning I try two different miracast dongle, but nothing happens. I don’t know whats wrong.
There were no problems with the original rom. Does anyone have a solution?

Hi,

I don’t have a miracast dongle, so I can’t tell.

Chris

I don’t have one, but what brand/model do you have exactly?

On which side do you think you have the problem? The phone side or the TV side? Can you “see” if the phone “accepts” it? Can the phone “find” the other screen/TV?

I think some people in the forum got something up & running.

If all else fails, there is still Chromecast made of course by Google …

Under 4.4.4 "Settings > Display > Cast screen" looks promising.

Anyway, before buying anything more I think it’s best to ask the support what really works with the phone and what does not. And please publish what they tell you here! Good luck!

1 Like

I was not able to pair a Polar H7 heart rate monitor. So not all BT LE devices seem to work.

Thanks for your answer.
I tried Samsung AllShare Cast and an integrated adapter.
The problem is on the Phone side, because before flashing the phone, (FPU-1) I have no problems.
Before I also tried EZ-Cast, netgear ptv2000, Samsung AllShare Cast, and several integrated dongles. No problems with allt these dongles.
My phone doesn’t see any dongle. I was activated the ScreenMirorring, but I can’t see any dongle.

So it worked before on the stock FP1 software? This is interesting to know. Maybe it’s a change in the Android version or missing software (bin blobs?). Sorry I cannot help you here, but maybe those hints (=worked before) could be useful for @chrmhoffmann.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hope for future FP1 Android updates

Thankyou very much @chrmhoffmann for this ROM.
I installed the 0.9.3 yesterday on my FP1 and am very happy with it. No problems encountered so far. I am especially happy that my Pebble Time now displays content of messages in stead of only a subject which occurs in 4.2. I was temped to ditch my Fairphone because of this but with this ROM i will use my phone a lot longer!

2 Likes

I have a question regarding the People app on 4.4.4: Can I assign groups to contacts?

On 4.2.2. this doesn’t work (I need to assign groups in Thunderbird and sync them). Somewhere I have read that this feature works on Kitkat.

Edit: As @DjDas points out below, it is possible to assign groups to locally stored contacts, but not to contacts connected with an account like DavDroid.

Well it worked for me on 4.2.2 but I tried only with contacts stored locally on the phone.
Before 4.4.4 I decided to use ownCloud with DAVDroid and now my contacts are handled in this way and it still works either assigning the group to a contact on the phone or by setting it on Thunderbird/ownCloud interface.
The only annoying thing with synchronized contacts is that at every sync I loose SIM card assignments and ringtones per contact, maybe I’ll give a look at DAVDroid code and will try to add these features…

EDIT: @Stefan maybe I was not much clear: it works ALSO with DAVDroid, the only thing I didn’t try is on 4.4.4 to configure groups for contacts stored using the Contacts system app (I use only DAVDroid to handle my contacts); sorry for not explaining very well! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

But in the DavDroid app you can’t modify contacts. Could you try to change the group of a DavDroid-contact inside the people app?

Yes it works even if I create a totally new contact; please keep in mind DAVdroid is only used to synchronize contacts but editing and displaying is done always within the People app.
What I meant is I can choose “where” to store contacts in People app and since 4.4.4 I use the DAVDroid account not the People’s internal one.
By doing this I can modify groups as expected (although I didn’t try yet to create a new group to be honest, but using the existing ones I created on ownCloud works as expected)
Bye! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Ok thank you for trying! :slight_smile:

Could you also try out, if you can achieve other LED colours than green, red and blue?

Maybe you can try with LED colour tester, as I did here.

Can I send you one? I’m very happy with all the effort that you put into this, and the functioning of the BT LE seems to be one of the few issues left with this ROM.

3 Likes