[UNOFFICIAL] ✏ HOWTO Testing the latest UNOFFICIAL 4.4.4 ROM and switching back to FP OS again [for Unix & FP1]

Will switching back to the FP OS ROM wipe my installed apps and data from the 4.4.4 ROM? I’m assuming I will need to be running the FP OS ROM to upgrade to the forthcoming official 4.4.4 upgrade.
Thanks for any advice
Pete

You don’t have to downgrade to Fairphone OS 1.8.7 to install Fairphone OS 2.0 Macadamia (Kitkat 4.4), but it is always adviced to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache before installing a new ROM. Backup your apps with Titanium Backup and you should be good to go.

Thanks very much Stefan

see here: FP1: Macadamia 1.9.9-pre3 Alpha , I’ve tried the no-worry approach, and it worked.

1 Like

As Chris discontinued support for his edition, I’d suggest you close this topic pointing to the upcoming Macadamia edition.

I disagree. As long as there is no official release (it’s a closed alpha), this thread is the only resource for FP1 users to get/talk about 4.4.4 and to get a better recovery. Please keep the discussion here open for a while. I hope not for too long … but as long as there is a 2nd update for first official update maybe :wink:

3 Likes