[Unofficial] Help building LineageOS for Fairphone 5

Thank you for the files, @ochorocho !

According to dmesg it seems to me that the Qualcomm Firmware (Yupik) cannot be loaded, because the firmware file cannot be found:

[  237.028080] ueventd: firmware: loading 'yupik_ipa_fws.mdt' for '/devices/platform/soc/soc:qcom,ipa_fws/firmware/yupik_ipa_fws.mdt'
[  237.028504] ueventd: firmware: could not find firmware for yupik_ipa_fws.mdt
[  237.028523] ueventd: firmware: attempted /etc/firmware/yupik_ipa_fws.mdt, open failed: No such file or directory
[  237.028535] ueventd: firmware: attempted /odm/firmware/yupik_ipa_fws.mdt, open failed: No such file or directory
[  237.028546] ueventd: firmware: attempted /vendor/firmware/yupik_ipa_fws.mdt, open failed: No such file or directory
[  237.028557] ueventd: firmware: attempted /firmware/image/yupik_ipa_fws.mdt, open failed: No such file or directory

In my build directory in (croot) ./out/target/product/FP5/vendor/firmware/yupik_ipa_fws.mdt file exists, but I have no clue (for now) how this file becomes part of the image itself. If I were you I would check (adb shell ls -lha ...) all mentioned locations on the mobile to verify that it’s actually not there. Because if it isn’t there I’d assume that there is some problem while packaging the image/bin/zip, since the file is present in the out directory (well, in mine).

Or, since that firmware is part of the “vendor” partition, I’d check if that partition is mounted (adb shell mount).

But - since I am new to android - this is just poking around in a huge pile I also don’t fully understand :smiley:

Darn, I want my second phone so I also can deep-dive into this…

1 Like