Unfortunately, Calendar has stopped

I get this every time i try to access the Calendar. I am using 5.1 on my fairphone 2

i need to know what is causing the error so that i can avoid it because i cannot afford either the data or time loss in re-setting to factory settings every time this happens

thanks for any guidance you can offer

Hi @bradmeyer,

Is “Unfortunately, Calender has stopped” an error message you receive?
What happens if you try to open your calendar app?
How many times did this happen?
What happens after restarting the phone?
Is data missing?
What kind of calendar do you use? I guess the default google calendar?!
Did you install the last updates? Do you know the OS version of your phone 1.2.8,… 1.3.6 (open “updater app” for these information)?

I hope these are not too many questions, but I think that they could help to analyse your problem.
(So please just try to answer them, if not do not worry, we will try to find a solution)

Kind regards
Werner

Is “Unfortunately, Calender has stopped” an error message you receive?
…Yes that is the message verbatim
What happens if you try to open your calendar app?
…When I try to open the app, I get the above error message
How many times did this happen?
…Every time until I give up (after circa 5 times in a row)
What happens after restarting the phone?
…I get the same message
Is data missing?
…Not when I look at the calendar via my pc
…in fact, i still get the reminders of meetings coming up in 30 minutes etc, i just cannot open the calendar via my phone to add more meetings
What kind of calendar do you use? I guess the default google calendar?!
…it is indeed the default google calendar!
Did you install the last updates?
…Yes
Do you know the OS version of your phone 1.2.8,… 1.3.6 (open “updater app” for these information)?
…1.4.2

Since posting this problem, I have re-set to factory settings 4 times. I have now noticed that the calendar works to start with but stops working when another app attempts to use it

i hop that helps you help me!

and THANKS for replying

Hi @bradmeyer,

it is strange that the calendar stops when an other app tries to access it. Do you mean if you export a date e.g. sharing function on a website to you calendar?

I found this link, maybe some of the mentioned solutions fits:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/calendar/h_GKGdbLpAI

To me it seems that somehow your calendar app has a configuration problem. Maybe you have to add your emailadress (s. link above).

EDIT: here a good overview:
https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/6084644?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.