Unable to turn on phone

Hello, my name is Isa. I have not been able to use my phone for several weeks now. Regardless of charging status, when I turn it on it only remains at the White Fairphone Logo on the black screen.
When I plug it into the charger

The LED does not go on (even after after 15 minutes of charging)

-When I take the battery out the phone starts to boot with the fairphone logo and starts to get into a loop.

-When I Leave the battery in the phone the Screen turns on and shows me the Fairphone logo but does not do anything more.

When I disconnect the phone from the charger this logo remains on the screen and stays there until I take the battery out.
I am not even able to get into the save menu that one usually gets by pressing power+ vol up buttons.

I have send a mail to the fairphone team but they have not replied yet.
Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Thanks Isa

I have had exactly the same problem for 4 days. It doesn’t seem to be battery related - fully charged or not, drained and retried or not. And it doesn’t seem to be SIM-related because any of the battery routines don’t work with SIM in or out.

The support all seems to start with checking software or the nuclear options of safe mode or hard reset…but I can’t even get far enough to use those. So the phone is unusable.

Any help gratefully received!

hi there, I have exactly the same problem. After a long overnight rest with the battery out, the phone made it just a second or two into the next blue and white Fairphone screen… but then rebooted itself and has remained stuck with the black screen with white FAIRPHONE letters.

I am loathe to try a factory reset, since I have a small amount of valuable data on the phone that I cannot loose.

While waiting for a solution, I wonder if anyone has ideas about how to access the files? I can boot into the stock recovery mode, and I can connect to ADB but only in “sideload” mode. I think that the USB debugging is probably off, making it hard to access files from my PC.

I agree that the battery does not seem to be the main issue here. I used the battery from my wife’s FP2 and had the same situation.

Sincerely,

Gregory

Hello, I have spoken to the fair phone team and they diagnosed a broken battery (via some emails we sent back and forth).

They have sent me a new battery which I put into my phone but it is still totally dead…

I’ll let you know if anything new happens. Please keep me posted if you find a solution.

Thanks! Isa

Hello Gregory, I wouldn’t do the factory reset if I were you- I did it on my phone and it did not fix the problem. (only that now I will ahve also lost my data in case the phone will ever turn on again. I have spoken to the fair phone team and they diagnosed a broken battery (via some emails we sent back and forth).

They have sent me a new battery which I put into my phone but it is still totally dead…

I’ll let you know if anything new happens. Please keep me posted if you find a solution.

Thanks! Isa

Sorry to hear that Isa! Mine is definately not the battery, as it is charging fine and as a cross-check, I also tried with the battery from my wife’s phone. I have been trying to read up on Bootloop problems, or alternatively to find a way to access the files of my phone from the PC. The latter seems to be a problem since the USB Debugging is not activated. Anyway, lets see if anyone chimes in with new ideas.

I had the same response…so we will see what happens!

Meanwhile I have bought a new phone to use as a back-up until the fairphone works. Which kind of defeats the point of buying a fairphone in the first place!

Any progress on your issue?

Patrick

The person from the fair phone team has told me to do a factory reset to make sure the issue is not of software nature. I cant do that though because i can not even get to the secure mode. Also I had done this reset before and wiped all my data but the issue kept getting worse anyway. We’ll see what they suggest next. Best, Isa

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.