Twrp 3.2.3-0 OK, lineageos not OK

Hi,

I try to setup lineageos on my new fairphone2. I start to use FairphoneOS script : OK, done with success.
But since i already have a ZTE open C and a Samsung S3 mini on LineAgeOS 14, i like to setup lineageOS on my fairphone.

Then after setup last twrp, i follow https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP2/install .

The i send lineage-15.1-20180917-nightly-FP2-signed.zip on the sdcard (after a bakup …) .

But when i want to install : zip signature seems invalid.
The i force without zip signature and twrp return a message :
E3004 : This package is for device: FP2; this device is .

Since the package seems OK, maybe it’s an issue in twrp ?

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-FP2.img download here : https://dl.twrp.me/FP2/twrp-3.2.3-0-FP2.img.html

And there are something strange now :

$ adb devices
List of devices attached
* daemon not running. starting it now at tcp:5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
c38b45a1	unauthorized

Did someone have an idea ? Twrp reinstall ? Maybe i can test with a previous version of twrp ?

[EDIT] redone step with

$ fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.2-0-FP2.img
$ fastboot reboot 

with volume up

install without zip control (seem force install) : i’m on lineageos …

“unauthorized” in adb usually means you haven’t turned on developer mode and USB debugging running the normal OS and then allowed your computer to connect.

First of all I’d try booting the normal system again and check that adb works there.

1 Like

OK, seems there are an issue with last twrp and version control of phone ?

I install previous twrp (twrp-3.2.2-0-FP2) , install last lineageos without issue after reboot computer + phone.

About unauthorized : it’s in twrp, i use adb to send lineageos zip, but suddenly the phone seems to reset connexion, before rbotting (on twrp) : seems to be unauthorized

TWRP 3.2.3-0 should have no problem with that. TWRP as old as 3.0 has that problem, I think.

That is indeed not normal.
By default, TWRP should give “recovery” and not “unauthorized”, and if you start Advanced - ADB Sideload in TWRP, it should give “sideload” and not “unauthorized”.
But why so complicated? Just use “Install” in TWRP and select the ZIP file … done.

TWRP 3.2.3-0 should have no problem with that. TWRP as old as 3.0 has that problem, I think.

Maybe but with twrp-3.2.3-0-FP2.img : i can’t launch install.

But why so complicated? Just use “Install” in TWRP and select the ZIP file … done.

Because it don’t work : E3004 : This package is for device: FP2; this device is . when trying to do this …

I already setup lineageOS on ZTE open C, S3 mini and a Zenphone. All three unofficial system. In general using adb sideload.

After trying with adb push : broken, i try with adb sideload, unsure but if i remind : 1st adb sideload was OK, broke install, and after have unauthorized

I can only say : This happen to me …

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.