Trying to install OpenOS, but installs FairphoneOS (Android)

(:fr: Version FR plus bas)

:uk: :us: :canada: :australia: Hello,
I’m having troubles installing Fairphone OpenOS over FairphoneOS. I tried to install OpenOS via the official website (code.fairphone.com). I’m on Linux and I followed all the steps. But… In the terminal, it said:
** Fairphone OS 19.11.2 Manual Flashing Script **
I was definitly scared… I downloaded the OpenOS zip file, and now, it says that it’s installing FairphoneOS. Then I looked at my phone and FairphoneOS was installed! So, what should I do if the file they put in their official website is not installing OpenOS, but FairphoneOS???
Thanks in advance for your help.
Clément
_
:fr: :belgium: :switzerland: :canada: Bonjour,
J’ai de la difficulté à installer Fairphone OpenOS sur FairphoneOS. J’ai essayé d’installer OpenOS via le site officiel (code.fairphone.com). Je suis sur Linux et j’ai suivi toutes les étapes. Mais… Dans le terminal, ça disait :
** Fairphone OS 19.11.2 Manual Flashing Script **
J’étais définitivement effrayé… J’ai téléchargé le zip OpenOS, et maintenant, ça dit que ça installe FairphoneOS. Puis j’ai jeté un coup d’oeuil à mon cell et FairphoneOS était installé ! Donc, que devrais-je faire si le fichier qu’ils mettent sur leur site officiel n’installe pas OpenOS, mais FairphoneOS à la place ???
Merci d’avance pour votre aide.
Clément

To be clear, you’re installing fp2-sibon-19.11.2-manual-switcher.zip? From here?

Exactly. But I downloaded the file in the Installation Guide page.
Thanks for your quick answer! :slight_smile:

At least this message is harmless, they just copied that over from the Fairphone OS script and didn’t change it. The script will also say it installed Fairphone OS in the end, which isn’t true.

That’s confusing for sure, but only a cosmetic issue, not a functional one.
However, the switcher installation sometimes doesn’t seem to work according to earlier reports here in the forum.

Alternatives:

Download the “Manual installation” file (not the switcher) from https://code.fairphone.com/projects/fp-osos/user/fairphone-open-source-os-downloads.html and use this manual file instead of the Fairphone OS version with this guide …

https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/207914363-Manually-install-Fairphone-OS-for-the-Fairphone-2

Or use this guide for an install from scratch …

3 Likes

(:fr: plus bas)

:uk:
I did the process again, and it perfectly worked! :slight_smile:

For those who have troubles like I had:
I went to code.fairphone.com, clicked on the Installation Guide page, clicked the first link, not the second one. Then I unzipped the file, and opened flash-for-unix.sh (If you’re on Windows or MacOS, your have you files as well) in a terminal, and followed all the steps.
Attention: Like me, you probably read in the script that it’s installing Fairphone OS. Don’t worry, like AnotherElk said, it’s just a cosmetic issue :slight_smile:.
Once the terminal close itself, your phone should restart, and you’ll know that you’re now on Fairphone Open OS if after the Fairphone bootloader, you see a blue screen. Then just follow the steps, and here you go! You’re on OpenOS.
Now, you’ll probably need to install apps, so you’ll need an App Manager like the Google PlayStore. But Google is completly erased in OpenOS (thankfully). I recommend Aurora Store, you can download the APK file on Internet. Enjoy your libre-open OS! :wink:

:fr:
J’ai refait le procéssus, et ça a parfaitement marché ! :slight_smile:

Pour ceux qui ont eu les problèmes que j’ai eu :
J’ai été sur code.fairphone.com, cliqué sur la page Installation Guide, cliqué sur le premier lien, pas le second. Puis j’ai dézippé le fichier, et ouvert flash-for-unix.sh (Si vous êtes sur Windows ou MacOS, vous avez aussi vos fichiers) dans un terminal, et j’ai suivi toutes les étapes.
Attention : Comme moi, vous avez probablement lu dans le script que c’est en train d’installer Fairphone OS. Ne vous inquiétez pas, comme AnotherElk l’a dit, c’est juste un problème visuel :slight_smile:.
Une fois que le terminal se ferme tout seul, votre téléphone devrait redémarrer, et vous saurez que vous êtes maintenant sur Fairphone Open OS si après l’écran de chargement Fairphone, vous voyez un écran bleu. Donc suivez juste les étapes, et vous y êtes ! Vous êtes sur OpenOS.
Maintenant, vous aurez probablement besoin d’installer des applis, donc vous aurez besoin d’un Gestionnaire d’Applications comme le PlayStore de Google. Mais Google est complètement éffacé de OpenOS (heureusement). Je recommende Aurora Store, vous pouvez télécharger le fichier APK sur Internet. Profitez de votre système open-source ! :wink:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.