Transfer of Contacts from Google Account to Device (FP4)

Hi there,
with my old phone (Motorola G5) I always thought my contacts could not be saved outside Google or the Google Account (and I didn’t find another way) so that is where I had them.

Two days ago I saved a new contact to my FP4 and I was prompted to choose if I want to have it saved in the Google Account or on the device, I choose the latter.

Now I wanted to know if there is a way to (at least) copy my contacts out of my Google account onto the device? (And perhaps from there onto my computer as a backup copy too)

I hope someone here can point me into the right direction.

Thanks and best regards!

I find the easiest way is to open Google Contacts and clicking the export button on there as described on Export, back up, or restore contacts - Computer - Contacts Help. It’s the method I used when I went Google-free myself :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m using MyPhoneExplorer for copying and syncing things between phone, computer and cloud.

https://www.fjsoft.at/en/

3 Likes

Thanks, it worked! :slight_smile:
(I think on my old phone that wasn’t possible somehow. But at least it worked this time!)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.