Touchscreen unresponsive!

I’ve had the new FP3 but a week and the screen has started playing up! Sometimes it takes a while to light up after pressing the power/wake up button, other times it won’t light up at all!
Several times now once it’s lit up it is completely unresponsive to touch.
I have removed the battery and left it out for varying lengths of time with different results - sometimes it works others it still doesn’t and tonight the screen is totally unresponsive to touch and has been green, flickering and scrambled a couple of times on startup.
No response from Support as yet - anyone here having similar issues or can advise?

1 Like

I don’t have a Fairphone 3 myself, but I guess it could be a connection issue. Try to disassemble the phone, remove the display module (see here for a tutorial), clean the contacts with a wet cloth (very little water) and screw it back together.

2 Likes

hi,
this might help you. Fuzzy Touch Screen or Touch Screen not working. Solved

Hi @jimisea, do you still have that problem? Here’s a thread that seems to be dealing with the same issue - FP3 Display freezes!

Hi Jimisea,
I have the same problem with you; unresponsive touchscreen.
I have contacted the head quarters via phone and email, two weeks now. Their response is that they have technical problems and they can not email me info on how to package, etc my phone in order to repair it.
How did it work with you?
I regret l bought it, to tell you the truth.