Touchscreen not working

Hello,
my screen froze and I couldn’t turn the phone off so I removed the battery and tried rebooting.
Now the touchscreen is dead.
I then rebooted holding the power key for 15 sec. System rebooted but the screen is still dead.

I would first try to disassemble and then reassemble the phone/display. Maybe for some reasons a contact could have gotten loose.

Thanks for the response! I just did that and still no reaction from the display.

When you say dead, do you mean no image, or not responsive to touch? If touch isn’t responding, are you charging your phone at the same time? (As there’s a known issue with the latter).
If that’s not the case, it’s probably best to contact Fairphone support. Support tickets can be opened here, or you can try the phone number at the bottom of that page. Support appears to still be very busy, so they may take longer than usual to get back to you.

Thanks Johannes, I already wrote to the support today and I’m waiting for the reply. Sadly the display isn’t working at all as in no image.

Are you sure that your battery is not completely empty? What happens if you connect your phone to a charger?

Same. Display is still not working while connencted to a charger.

Yes but what happens to the LED? Is it blinking red, constant red, constant green?

LED is blinking red.

This means that your battery is totally empty. I guess you need another USB cable and/or charger. When you find a working one, your FP2 will need a pretty long time to charge. Better wait until the light becomes green.

Thank you for you quick replies. I’ll try another charger and see where it goes from there.

Make sure you use a data cable. The ones that are only for charging don’t work with the FP2.

Good to know :slight_smile:

Ah, so I’m not alone :wink: My screen was also partially dead. Typing an “0” gives you an “8”, going from mail to phone functionality requires a reboot… (to home screen" did not work). Rebooting, charging, nothing works. Recommendation: buy a new screen or a FP 2 ;-).

cheers

Well, this is already about FP2…

Yeah sadly my problem still persits after charging the FP2. Still waiting for a reply from support.

Hi, my FP2’s touchscreen has gradually slowed down, like you touch it and it takes 2 seconds to react. Over two days, it has gotten worse until now I can’t unlock it at all. I don’t know what to do about it. Any suggestions?

Hey there, this support article might be useful for some of you with this touchscreen-not-reacting issue on your Fairphone 2.

https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211351686-My-display-screen-is-not-working-properly

1 Like

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue now. The article by Silvain also didn’t help me, the screen is not working at all.

You’ll probably need a replacement, so contact support.