Touch screen doesn't react

Hi there, my touch screen (FP1) is frozen and I tried all the suggestions on this forum. But I can neither perform a screen test nor a hard reset when the screen doesn’t work. I can’t turn the phone off. Is it possible my dear phone is passing away or is there still hope?

You can take out the battery.

Did your phone experience any shocks or humidity lately? Did you disassemble it?

To do the screen test you surely need the battery?!
No, the screen suddenly stopped after charging. No shocks, humidity, etc.

With some cables/chargers the touch screen doesn’t work.

Take the battery out to turn off the phone and then put it back in and try to reach dic:testingmode.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response; I’m now in the ‘touch panel’ (after removing the battery) but can’t find the ‘CTP test’.

What do you see? —

In the ‘Touch Panel’:
Calibration
RTP Linearity
RTP Accuracy
Sensitivity
Deadzone
FreeMode
Test Pass
Test Fail

Try Deadzone. That sounds like the one setting that we want. Or FreeMode. We just want to find out if you can draw anything on the touchscreen in factory mode.

Nothing happens. I see the 4 red stripes on every side but I can’t draw anything on the screen.

Ok, then we have one little hope left: The digitizer cable got loose/displaced somehow (very improbable). Follow this iFixit guide until step 16 and check if everything is connected well.

Stefan, thanks. I try that tomorrow, I need to buy a special screw driver. Is that the last thing I can try? When that doesn’t work, must I conclude that my beloved FP 1 has died?

Not at all. You can either contact your local fairphoneangels or search for a working touchscreen/display assembly on the Market.

1 Like

Unfortunately no luck. :sob:But thanks for all suggestions & help. Up to the FP2 then…

1 Like