Too many issues

Since I bought my phone last year, I’ve had major issues on almost every update, and network issues on a daily basis. I am extremely sad to do so, but I am going back to my old mobile phone. When I bought my FP2 I really didn’t mind paying extra for a fairer product, but a working one. I spent more time trying to fix it and browsing the settings than actually enjoying the benefits of a smartphone. With this last bootloop, I give up. Now it will remain in its box, in a drawer. A pure waste. Ironic, when your product is initially designed to be fair and eco-friendly.

This doesn’t sound normal. I’m using my Fairphone since December 2015 as my my daily driver and I don’t know such problems.

Did you ever try to make a hard reset to be sure that there aren’t wrong settings from your side?
Did you try to contact support? Maybe you have some hardware defect?

2 Likes

I’m using my Fairphone since December 2015 as my my daily driver and I don’t know such problems.

Then I’m glad for you :slight_smile:

Did you ever try to make a hard reset to be sure that there aren’t wrong settings from your side?

4 times in a year is too many. I contacted support, but my warranty is over and I cannot afford to send a phone back every time there is an update.

Should you really decide not to use your phone anymore, please rather consider to sell it than leaving it in a drawer, so it can be used instead of being wasted.

1 Like

I would never dare sell a product that’s not working.

1 Like

Impossible. You have 2 years warranty, the phone isn’t on the market that long. Besides that, fp support is usually relatively generous.

In case you don’t want to sell a presumably broken phone: i’d be happy to take it, get it working, and use it in the family :wink:

If updating troubles are your main concern; did you ever try to update manually? Sometimes when people report updating problems, a manual update does work.
See here on how to do that:
https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/207914363

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.