To improve the radio sound

Is there a way to improve the quality of the radio?

The sound quality of the FM radio depends highly on the used “antenna”.

My experience is that adjusting the cable length by using extension cords helps, especially when the “original” cable is very short.

I also found out that a strechted/tightened cable also improves the reception. I get the best reception when I hold the tightened cable horizontally* with stretched arms, the front of my body looking to the sender.

*How to hold the cable, depends on the polarisation of the FM sender which can be found out via fmscan.org. Here in Germany, nearly all FM senders are horizontally polarised, so the cable needs to be held horizontally.

1 Like

If you haven’t done it yet, you have to set “…” → “Settings” → “Regional Band” to “Europe”. Otherwise, you can’t select even frequencies like 92.2 or 102.4 as they are not used in North America, but used in Europe.

(If you are living in Italy, select “Italy” as 0.05 MHz steps are used there.)

1 Like

Just tried to imagine how this might look when listening to FM radio on the go. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
As often in life, there will be some kind of individual trade-off to find your best mobile FM radio experience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.