Third-party Fairphone 1 cases (eg flip, folio, etc)

Thanks everybody for sharing their experiences. I like the Krusell Kiruna case but was wondering about the speakers on the backside. They seem to be completely covered by the case, right? How much does it impact the sound? or did you cut a hole into the leather? I wouldn’t like messing with such a well-designed product but use my phone to listen to music without extra speakers, so this function is quite important to me.

Are the standard cases run out again, I’m not sure they were available when I got my phone at all… I bought a 3d printed case but it shattered so I’d really like a fitting regular case, I don’t know if that’s what the standard cases are like? Rubbery would be good. Thanks!
Mine is an fp1 second batch.

1 Like

There are still quite some FP1 users out there, so I’ll update this thread:

Even though my old case was still fine (even though the black has faded to something more blue-ish), I finally bought a new case by shapeways – roundwithgap – that has a little extra feature: the custom-made case now has an additional gap/notch so you can use the Quick Access App more easily.

I’m totally happy with it.

2 Likes

Hello!

I am a FP1 second batch user and am looking for some help with a case for it :slight_smile:

I only registered on the forum a while ago and have read most of the posts on the thread for this concern. The posts have been helpful in understanding the situation for FP1 cases, however, my problem remains.

I had bought a 3D printed case last year and has been chipping off little by little with not-so-serious falls. By now, it is almost like a sliding case for my phone and hence my phone is in more danger with the case than without it!

I am now looking for a silicon/rubber case for my FP, which obviously is not available anymore on the web shop :expressionless: So, I set out to look for third party cases but no such case seems to be available. Do you know anywhere I could find a silicon or rubber case for it, or a case for another phone that may just fit.

Another option I thought of was to buy a second hand case from someone in the community who is not using the old rubber/silicon case anymore for whatever reason.

I was unable to figure out how to write a common post on the community (I am new here you see :wink: ) and so thought this post would be most relevant to reply to :slight_smile:

I am moving back to India soon and so it would be great to have a case before I leave!

Thanks!!
Snehal

@Kati @olga Is it still holding up? Thinking about buying one for my FP1.

@chwohl Not sure what you mean. Did it work out?

Seems like the Krusell Malmö is still available and it seems like it fits for the FP1?