The plan for Oslo

Here are my ideas for Oslo so far, I’ll probably edit this over time to reflect changes and updates. Everyone’s free to chime in.

General:

• stock up on FP3/+ parts so we can help people.
    *generate a mailing list and then maybe hold a workshop at some point.

October/November 2022

• Organize a meetup for people having or who are interested in FP. The idea is to meet others, discuss the concept of fair phones, and see what people are interested in doing.
9 Likes

Great to see your ideas :+1:

I have allowed myself to link to this topic in the Local Fairphoners’ address book and to add a few tags. Hope this finds your approval. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, awesome thank you. I haven’t quite mastered the forum formatting yet, and my laptop is broken, so everything so far has been done using my fairphone.

1 Like

Sounds very interesting and ambitious! :+1: :+1:
If it helps you then you may ask FP to announce your planned events on the Fairphone events page Events - Fairphone
If you announce them here in the local category and add date/time/location then they should automatically appear on the #communitymap .

3 Likes

That’s a great idea. I thought that I might announce it as an event in early September, because then I’ll know how feasible it is with regards to regulations and general interest.

2 Likes

Events - Fairphone is the one announcement place that requires by far the longest time before new events are posted (I submitted three upcoming events of mine 11 days ago) – it’s a bit like print media. Send an e-mail to Lora at fairphone • com with your event info as soon as you can. Everything else can be spread by us at short notice (@Ingo on Twitter).

5 Likes

Awesome @urs_lesse, will make sure to do so once I have a concrete time and place for the event!

I’ve been thinking a bit about the social media profiles; I don’t really like FB as their ads and their ethical decisions (as well as their lack thereof) rub me the wrong way.

So essentially I’ve thought that I’ll just advertise the fairphone website, as well as my mastodon profile, as a way of getting in touch.

After all, the idea with the social accounts was that people (I meet during the student union workshops) have something to go to and explore and I think the webpage has that covered already.

And since I’m expecting to be able to count the people interested on one hand, it doesn’t make that much sense anyway, and seems a bit impersonal.

1 Like

I would recommend you have a permanent topic here in this forum that serves as your central “anchor” people can go to to find your latest updates. For the time being we have included this very topic into our Local Fairphoners address book (Fairphone communities) as you might have noticed. If eventually you want to create a new one, we can always adapt the address book. You might want to have a look at the Austrian Fairphoners’, Aachen, Hamburg, Munich, Nantes or Rhein-Ruhr topics in this forum (all easily findable in the address book) to get ideas how to build such a topic (and especially its first post).

Individual events on Events - Fairphone (or in other places you might want to advertise them) could then link to that dedicated forum topic of yours. This would allow you to keep editing and updating the relevant information yourself.

3 Likes

I’ve updated the original post to reflect what’s going on. I still think the FP is a central key here since it’s at the heart of what repairability and ethical resourcing is all about. The idea to even look up repair cafés actually also came from the FP website, because they link to the restart project.

I’ve also learnt a lot about repair and even soldering the last few weeks, and I feel getting involved in general repair work will give me a more solid foundation once I actually need to help people with their phones.

3 Likes