The Dark-Light toggle has moved

The Dark-Light toggle has moved from the top menubar to the hamburger menu.

Besides manually toggling the Dark-Light mode you can now also enable Auto Detect mode so that the forum Dark-Light mode changes automatically when your device’s Dark-Light mode changes.

Old location

main-menu

New location

4 Likes

How did you do this? Do you use this plugin? That one only seems to allow to add the toggle to the site header.

It’s a bit counterintuitive that one has to select a color scheme for dark mode first before the switch becomes available.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to preset one of the dark mode themes and just have auto-detect set to off, so it’s always there.
Or is that already the default and it’s only missing for me because I changed those settings at some point? :thinking:

Yes, that’s the one. I unchecked this option in the theme component’s settings:

Users whose account existed before the new theme was installed a few weeks ago indeed need to manually set a Dark Mode theme before being able to use the toggle. Unfortunately there is no way to have it set automatically for existing accounts.

1 Like

Ah okay, then it’s because I use the new sidebar, there is no support for that, yet :slight_smile: