"System-UI wurde beendet" instead of upgrading

FP2, Fairphone Open.
Ugrading to the newest OS-version did not work, phone frozen on the TWPR-screen. (Sorry, phone does not work, don’t remember the versions.)
Tried to install the OS manually, exactely following this link: https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/207914363-Manually-install-Fairphone-OS-for-the-Fairphone-2
Seemed to work, but:
The phone does not start, got messages (in german) “System-UI wurde beendet” and other windows saying “Einstellungen wurde beendet” etc.
Called the fairphone helpline, we got throught the process once again - with the same result. Then they promised me an e-mail, but that did not come (yet?)
Now: No working phone…
How to save the phone?

1 Like

Did you have openGapps or microG installed before you updated?

Also, when you say exactly as in the link, do you also mean to say you used the file that step one tells you to download (rather than one from code.fairphone.com)?

1 Like

Danke für die Antwort. Nein, openGapps/microG kannte ich nicht.
Und nein, ich folgte dem Downloadlink FP2 - Binary images of Fairphone OS 19.11.2 (~779MB)
md5sum: 9539f859d1ea446fafc6b93fc27e1327).

… und was ist dein Tipp, dass ich weiterkomme? Code vom andern link laden - und dann nach der Anweisung nochmals?

That would be Fairphone OS (with Google Apps and services), not Fairphone Open OS (without them).

Yes, that would be worth a try at least, but it’s not 100% guaranteed to work now that the OS installation got messed up. Let’s hope for the best.

Do you have a backup of your important data?

1 Like

Yes, backup is not the problem.
I tried with your link - and it works. Thank you!
The updater says: Fairphone open 19.11.2 But I was surprised to find google play app installed (but at least uninstallable)

Leftovers from Fairphone OS now, it seems.

If you need a fresh start …

The last link would have been my last hope… But I don’t need it now. Thank you (Poor that the offical fairphone helpline did not answer at all.)

Today I set my Fairphone OS back to factory settings and installed the " fp2-sibon-19.11.2-manual.zip", but got the same problem @Fritz started this tread with: “System-UI wurde beendet”, “Einstellungen wird wiederholt beendet” und “Telefon- und SMS-Speicher wird wiederholt beendet.” To put in SIM-Cards did not change the result.

Only the installation of fp2-sibon-19.11.2-manual-switcher.zip worked.

1 Like

A very nice idea :wink: .

I find the link to your guide “Installing the Fairphone 2 from scratch …” too late. Could you please explain shortly, why it’s “a not so very nice idea”?

Hmmm … You’ve got a point there, I take that back.
Looking at Fairphone’s web pages, it’s not really obvious beforehand that what you tried to do to go from Fairphone OS to Fairphone Open OS would not work, even if the pieces are all there to point to it in hindsight. Prior knowledge got the better of me there.
Sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.