During the EFCT17 we had a workshop about “Visibility of initiatives aligned with FP movement and powered by Fairphoners”. In this post we share the conclusions of the workshop which is the start of a new initiative we call:
SYNAPSE inspired by Fairphone movement
Meeting with other Fairphone users we realized that a lot of us work or are involved with initiatives / companies that are contributing to social change in different fields. By social change we mean a more sustainable life and a more empowered society that cares for all.
Make visible all the initiatives powered by Fairphoners and that contribute to social change, so that the power of the community spread these initiatives and creates synergies between them.
Create a space where any Fairphone user could present initiatives connecting to social change in which he or she is involved.
The key of the proposal is that the Fairphone user presenting the initiative is a point of contact for any other user who wants to get in touch with the initiative.
- We could know about more initiatives aligned with our Vision, so that we can choose them as customers.
- We could use SYNAPSE to find ideas of companies if we are looking for a new job
- We could also use SYNAPSE to explain to our family and friends that there is a rich movement of initiatives contributing to social change.
- As an entrepreneur looking to start something new we could get access to a lot of experience from other change makers or get new ideas that are inspiring us to create new social impact businesses.
- Initiatives would get visibility among the Fairphone community. They could share knowledge and good practices with other initiatives.
Fairphone users that add an initiative should be themselves an entry contact point for that initiative (either work there or are highly involved with the initiative). These users evaluate themselves the alignment of the initiative with the SYNAPSE community vision.
We specify this to avoid the identification of “lots of initiatives we know about” that probably are interesting, but in which we would not be highly involved .
There are lots of networks with information about social change initiatives. The differential value of SYNAPSE is that it offers the potential to connect through a “trusted link” (Fairphone user).
- It seems the easiest way is to create a wiki page that lists and classify all these initiatives.
- The information we would collect for each initiative is:
- Name of Fairphone User, City, Linkedin link or Forum name
- Initiative name, Web page, Short Description (approx. 50 words), Sector tags, Country tags
- Find other Fairphone users that work or are highly involved in initiatives aligned with SYNAPSE vision.
This post has been written by @laurent_guerguy and me, with the participation of the lively members of the Fairphone Community taking part in this #efct17 Thank you very much @Stefan, @paulakreuzer, @werner_noebauer, @z3ntu, @Chris_R, @Irina_Spitznagel, Marcel, @Friek, @Amber, @AlbertJP, Umut and of course, our dear Douwe!!
This initiative’s background can be found in the following post: Visibility of initiatives aligned with our Movement & powered by Fairphoners