Stock fp3(+) (factory reset) boot loop (workarounds in first post)

And you think that these then all install android studio to install / change something on the phone?
Do you install Microsoft visual studio when you buy a Windows laptop?

Sorry, but not everyone who uses a cell phone is a developer or a freak!

1 Like

I didn’t need ADB. All the step by step provided were enough.
→ Start the phone, enter sim pin but not android. Long press the share nearby in the drop-down menu, enter pin. Press deactivate. Boom no more reboot. Then go down, open play store link for Google play service, update. Boom problem solved forever.

There is not freaking thing there,

1 Like

Sorry, I do not understand … which drop down menu?

The drop-down menu on the lock screen. Swipe down on that screen and follow the instructions.

Thank you, this was what I tried first.
But I’m not able to do it within 8 to 10 seconds …

So let’s wait until the problem is solved by Fairphone / Google.

Till now my phone reboots like before.

Hello,

If you do not already have this shortcut on the dropdown menu, you will have to do it in two step as me: one to add it to the shortcut list, the second one to use it to deactivate Google Services.
For the first step, on the lock screen, swipe your finger from up to bottom in order to see the menu on the top of the screen (where you can enable or disable WiFi, 4G,…). Swipe again to fully open it (on FP 3+ it is fully opened the first time, no need for a second swipe). Then long press the “pen” on the bottom left of this menu.
Your phone will ask for unlocking. Do it, and then search quickly for the logo of “share nearby” (kind of horizontal DNA, Google it if you are not sure). You will have to scroll down because the first icons displayed are the one already in your menu. When found, swipe it on top (long press and swipe), to add it to your shortcuts. Perhaps you will need one step to find it, then restart, then add it to the menu when you will know where it is.

On the second restart, before unlocking, you can long press this icon in order to go directly on the right place after unlocking your phone (as already described above) :wink:

I hope it can help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am in the same case.
Play Store re-activated 3h ago. It updated 9 apps.
So far, so good. :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

@Nobody
Thank you now I was able to enter the Google Play Service.

Trying to uninstall the updates I get the message, that the uninstallation of Google Play Service failed.
Then the mobile loops again …

Hi did you get it sorted? I disabled before uninstalling updates. You don’t need the 3 dots for disabling and it buys you all the time you need.

Except that the phone goes a bit crazy telling you all the things that won’t work now you’ve disabled. Once you’ve uninstalled back to the original play version, everything works again, but you need to disable autoupdates.

For me it is not fixed(FP3). I do not have a second user on my phone!
I enabled the playstore ~8 hours ago after i read the statement that the issue is fixed, but the issue is back.
The version the phone installed after enabling the playstore is 22.44.16.

After the Issue first occured i used version 22.02.21 linked in this thread installed with adb.
I am going back to this version since the uninstall updates Button for the google play services does not work for me…

Also is there a way to install such updates immediately and not having to wait until 2am to see if its still broken or not?

EDIT: I might have forgotten to reanable background data usage, if this is an Issue…

2 Likes

Hello Gillian,
Thank you for asking.
I have been able to follow the workaround. However, I do now have no acces to the Google play store (it is no longer in my applications list) and Google Services is still on ‘disabled’.
Is this how it will be from now on or is there a different solution? I tried to follow the topic, but there is too much information for me.
Thank you in advance.

I believe you used the adb workaround previously?
To bring back Google Play Store you’d need to re-enable com.android.vending.

Details on how to do that (and other steps to take to remove the workaround now the unwanted update’s no longer being pushed can be found here: Stock fp3(+) (factory reset) boot loop (workarounds in first post) - #315 by JohnLBevan.

1 Like

Hello @Nobody and @PTRK. I have added “Nearby Share” to the drop down menu. But the icon is greyed out. So when opening it, Google Play Services can not be deactivated. When trying to go via the three dots and choose “uninstall updates” I receive a “deinstallation failed” message. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Note: I have also disabled “Find my device” in Security settings (as this was mentioned as potentially blocking the deinstallation of Google Play Services).

Hi @theos, I don’t think waiting helps your phone. In my opinion you need to fix the bootloop yourself or with a fairphone angel nearby. There is no way fairphone can fix the bootloop from the distance…

3 Likes

Thousands of thanks to Pilo11, @marou and @Mulder.
Your procedures saved the data on my FP3 !
I was in the same case as @Mulder.

2 Likes

What is the share Nearby ? Is that “partage de proximité” that I can see on your screen?
I only have:

• WIFI
  • Bluetooth
  • Ne pas déranger
  • Données mobiles
  • Mode avion
  • Economiseur de données
  • Point d’accès

Is there an other thing to do before to get acces to this Share Nearby ?

Many thanks, I’m still stuck with these problem I can’t fix.

Arthur

Yes, it is “partage de proximité” ! You can add it following the steps of this comment: Stock fp3(+) (factory reset) boot loop (workarounds in first post) - #377 by Nobody

@theos and @BGR , sorry, I really don’t know. I’ve just shared how to add the shortcut because I had to do it myself and I didn’t see a comment here that specifies how to do.
I hope you can still at least use again your phone, if you have deactivated Google Services (except Google applications like Google Maps), even if it is really boring to have all these warning notifications.

2 Likes

Thank you @Jonibhoni ! That’s also what @KevinC is saying:

But @BW89 says that for him the boot loop started again after getting the new update for Google Play Services via Google Play Store:

So I guess I will not reactivate the Play Store at the moment, as the issue seems not to be fixed for all users.

@Nobody
Yes, I was able to enter Goole Play Service.
I was also able to press the three dots and request to uninstall the updates.
But then I get a message ‘Deinstallation von Google Play-Dienste fehlgeschlagen’. Means that the deinstallation failed. And my Fairphone is still looping.

And both possibilities to deactivete or end the Service are grayed, so I’ve not possibility to do something more …