I really like the idea of building an own Qi charging add-on/mod. But I do not own a charger and do not see the benefit of wireless charging for me.
Here’s a few thinks I noticed in the first two days, a proper review is coming.
- Fairphone 2 is really snappy. While having actually lower specs, using the phone feels more responsive. I think this due to Fairphone using stock Android.
- Multitasking is great. Due to the OS taking roughly halve of the RAM compared to my Xperia, apps in background don’t get closed as aggressive as on the Xperia, which has 2GB as well.
- I miss some Android Features of Android 7 already. Sony has good software support. In the Xperia, I had Android 7.1.1 with the June Security update. Marshmallow is a little less polished.
- I like the bigger screen.
- The phone feels nice!
- Having Google Apps preinstalled make the first use so much more comfortable! Even did an OTA to the beta looking for fixes for the bugs below, which worked flawlessly! Good job!
- The camera quality is really low. Pictures are washed out and noise compared to the Xperia.
- I affected by several bugs, some quite serious, which I did not expect:
- Calls are way to loud. Like crazy loud.
- Yesterday, while watching a movie, the phone simply shot of after like 8minutes. The battery was at 30% when i started.
- I cannot use the phone while charging, wheter with one of my two chargers that work perfectly with other phones, not at the PC. The latter is a deal breaker when developing apps, which I do.
- The microphone is broken, which I knew when I bought it used, but I just learned that this is a common defect.
Except for the battery think, all of these bugs have been reported in the forums and or bug tracker months ago, which left me a bit dissatisfied.