FP1 Spare parts availability (batteries, displays, motherboards, etc. [out of stock!?])

Hi All

Thanks for the support. Acutally, I wrote to the support directly some days ago (26th of October), but never got an answer until yesterday evening. That’s why I started this thread to see whether maybe someone else has any information. Sorry for not stating my intention from the beginning.
Anyway, here is the answer from the Support for those who encounter the same problem:

"Sorry to hear this.

We sadly enough do not have a date yet when the screen will become available again.
You can subscribe in our webshop to be notified about this. We will send a message out automatically when they are here.
The expectation is they will arrive before somewhere the coming 2 a 3 weeks.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. "

I see whether I can bear this time or whether I have to get a replacement phone… would be a pitty though.

Regards
Sev

1 Like

Hey all,

Since we are now sure that next week a new shipment of displays will arrive from China, we’ve just placed the displays we have left online in the shop. The amount available for sale should be enough to bridge the gap until next week!

So @HllH, get 'm while they’re hot :wink:

4 Likes

Does that mean new batteries will likely not suffer from the bloating problem anymore?

2 Likes

A bloating battery obviously means that a fault has occurred in the battery. Although it would be nice to produce hardware that does not have faults, everything dies at some point. Every lithium-battery will bloat at some point in its life just like everybody dies at some point is his life. We can only hope, the new batteries have a better lifespan (which would only happen if they made changes to the manufacturing process). I don’t think that happened.

1 Like

However it is not unlikely. A new supplier has likely a (at least slightly) different manufacturing process. That was the initial spark for hope and the reason I posed this question.

1 Like

@Douwe
Can you be me more specific? What does this mean exactly?
Until now I could also not find any official answer to the battery problem, which seems a very serious problem and seems to affect more and more people.
Are there any information about your explanations, investigations and reasons about this problem?

Furthermore we are still waiting for the transparency-supporting information about failure rates and issues of the FP1 until now…

Cheers, Robert

1 Like

Hey all,

Batteries and displays are currently being produced. In order to be able to produce a new batch of displays, we had to find a new production partner. Since we require relatively small production quantities compared to industry standards, this has been quite a difficult task.

We now found a reliable partner, started production and we are happy about the fact that we have a first batch of 300 displays arriving later this month. In December we expect the balance of our forecasted demand.

This unfortunately means that for the coming weeks, we won’t have displays for sales in our webshop.

4 Likes

We received loads of batteries and are putting the support team on it to package them and ship them off!

This should mean that everyone who has requested a new battery should have it (safe local issues with the mailman) before the end of the week or next Monday.

New orders for batteries should take no longer then 3 or 4 workdays as soon as we shipped all current requested batteries. This is probably next week the case.

We apologize to all people who had to wait so long for their battery and are thankful for your trust and patience.

4 Likes

Ordered a battery on Mon 16/11 at 16:30 and it was delivered on Wed 18/11 at 12:00. Shipping by DHL Euro plus.
Thanks.

Good news should be told as well.

5 Likes

They are not that quick when it is about guaranty.

I asked for replacement of a bloated battery on 28-10-2015. Fairphone promised on 6-11-2015 to send it to me (in the Netherlands) on Monday 9-11-2015.
19-11-2015: still nothing.

Sorry to read that.

I also had a bloated battery. On 6 Sep I phoned the Support, on 7 Sep the replacement battery was sent to me and I got it delivered two days later (in Belgium).

1 Like

Can we add a battery to our current order (Faire Phone 2) without paying extra (47€) delivery tax ?

I’m not sure what delivery tax you are talking about. It is not possible to add items to a paid for order as written here:

You would have to pay a new shipping fee but regular taxes would apply to the battery.

The displays are again (still?) out of stock (29.11.15).

1 Like

Austria is in need of replacement screens (be it A or B quality)!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Austrianfairphoners/permalink/861597963953603/

@anon48893843, @Douwe, why are they still/again out of stock?

Replacement screens will be available again in the shop before the end of the month.

If your screen is broken in warranty, you can send it to us to have it replaced.

1 Like

How can a screen be broken in warranty? Do they break on their own? Or is dropping your FP1 also a reason for a warranty replacement?

1 Like

If a screen was not produced correctly and is broken because of that, it falls under warranty.
Damages that occur because the user drops their phone on the sidewalk or in water/soup or other liquids are not covered by warranty.

2 Likes

Great - I dropped mine today and it has shattered. On the plus side that means I get to take it apart!

1 Like

I don’t want to spoil anything here, but if you want to know what to expect, when taking your screen apart, see this thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like