Sometimes my phone refuses to charge

Hi Fairphoners!

Hopefully you guys can help me with the following:
Since the last update (I’m running the V1.8 version) my phone sometimes refuses to charge. I keep my phone always on and charge it at night (using Automagic, a Tasker like app, and a smart plug I make sure that the charging stops when the phone is charged). And I automatically restart the phone at night.

Now I had a few times that the phone was almost empty in the morning. At night the power was on (I always check the red/green led on the phone). This morning the charger led on the phone was still on and red, the battery indicator said the phone had 2% power left. Wondering what could cause this problem I began to try other chargers (none of them worked). Restarting the phone didn’t help, there wasn’t enough power to boot (at least the phone didn’t want to boot, because of the 2% battery). After that I removed the battery for a few seconds. That always does the trick, after reinserting the battery the phone shows 15% battery capacity and the phone can be charged again.

So, my charger isn’t the problem. The battery seems to be fine (I put it in my wifes fairphone and it seems to be working alright).
Could it be the V1.8 firmware or firmware in general? Or am I facing some hardware failure in the near future?

My wifes fairphone runs V1.6. I have a fairphone of the first batch and installed the unified appspace 1.6 update (so it’s a FP1U).

I hope you can help me to gain some insight if I should worry or not (if it’s a software/firmware problem I’m not really worried).

Bas

Please use the search function of the forum (little magnifying glass above) and search for “charging”. There have been provided various solutions.

Cheers, Stefan

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.