Sometimes, FP would ask me for my sim code

… has anyone got that already? Is this normal?

It seems to happen randomly…

There are a couple of possible reasons I know of

Are you using the Peace of Mind app? If so when the phone comes to the end of the timer it will ask for the sim pin code if you have it activated. The only workaround for this currently is to turn off the sim pin code and use the phone pin code method instead.

Do you have the latest version of Fairphone OS running? V1, 1.1 & 1.2 have a couple of bugs in them that cause the phone to reboot randomly and therefore ask for the sim pin when they load back up. You can check which version you have by following these instructions: https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201295277-Check-what-Fairphone-OS-version-you-have and if necessary update to v1.3 which is more stable.

The version I have is 1.5 (second batch), and the Peace of Mind widget is active but I seldom use it.

Thanks for the infos though. Wait and see. :slight_smile:

Ah ok it may not be crashing then - or there is another bug. If it’s happening when you’ve not been using Peace of Mind then definitely post up some more details about when an how it’s happening.

Actually, I think you are right. I got mistaken because you spoke of the Enjoy Some Peace app getting at the end of the timer, but it seems it does too when the user brings it down too.

I tried a couple of times and it seems to be the “issue” (or how the app is programmed :p).

So thank you again. :slight_smile:

Excellent. I’ll close the topic for now, but let me know if you have any further issues that aren’t linked to the app.