According to the polls on the forum:
- 66% of us want a FOSS operating system, only 31% want official android
- but still 88% would pay an average of about 12,5€ for an update to android 5!
- 82% don’t want google apps preinstalled
- 45,5% never had problems updating the OS and 68% didn’t have problems updating with the new updater app
- 43% think better location access is most important for the next fairphone, 26% think a better battery is
- only 2% think a bigger screen is most important for the next fairphone but still 38% would like a bigger screen (average preferred screen size is about 4,48’’)
- about 25% each have a black or a blue fairphone case
- 60% encrypt their phones
I suspect that a lot of this data is incorrect - some polls are rather old, others don’t have lots of votes and generally people active on the forum don’t necessarily represent average FP users - but it’s still interesting.
Here is a list of all polls.
Most of the polls I’m referring to are still open so go vote!