Yes, I have read about this behaviour before but I couldn’t seem to resolve the issue. Even with only the mirog repositories activated and microg gms core showing up correctly (not as unifiednlp) I still received an error message about mismatching signing keys… But perhaps I am still getting something wrong here…
I could only resolve the issue in the (not so) quick and dirty way…
- Reflash LineageOS (as I dont’t know if there is any way to “unflash” or uninstall the microg.zip and installing it on top of the flashable version might lead into problems).
- Install Tingle, following the instructions here.
- Download the latest (unstable) version of microg Services Core from the download section of microg.
- Make sure you know how to use adb and adb is installed correctly on your computer and you have activated adb access in the developer options of your Fairphone.
- Mount /system read-write: from your PC, call
adb root && adb remount
- Copy com.google.android.gms-<version_number>.apk to /system/priv-app: from your PC, call
adb push com.google.android.gms-<version_number>.apk /system/priv-app/com.google.android.gms-<version_number>.apk
- Reboot: from your PC, call
- Install GsfProxy.apk as provided in the download section of microg. The GsfProxy version does not need to match the GmsCore.apk version and is installable without higher privileges.
- Install a PlayStore APK. If you don’t care about Play Store access, Install FakeStore.apk as provided in the download section of microg.
- From fdroid, install MozillaNlpBackend (or any other Nlp backend) and NominatimNlpBackend.
- Open the microg settings, which are available in the launcher now. If you want to use any Google services (Log-In, Cloud Messaging), tick both checkboxes for background services. Also open the UnifiedNlp (within the microg settings) settings to enable the location backends of your choice.
- Reboot your device.
- Disable Battery Optimization. Ensure that it is disabled for microG Services Core in System Settings > Battery > Menu > Battery optimization.
- Perform the microg self-check again. Now all boxes should be ticked.
But as said, it is a rather long process you have to repeat after each and every LineageOS update…