I want to give away my Fairphone 2 because I’m not patient enough to solve all the problems it has. I’m sure many of the spare parts are still good and maybe with a little effort, the software problems can also be fixed. I’d be happy to sell the phone for anything more than 40€ (+ shipment costs), but I only sell it in one piece.
Problems the phone had so far:
- very left part of the touch screen isn’t working anymore, couldn’t type the 1 or the q, otherwise it had little effect
- battery was bad although I did the trouble-shooting including back-up and the purchase of a new battery just last year, so I think the battery itself should be fine
- speakers don’t work perfect, I didn’t take the effort to trouble shoot but it’s not possible to make a phone call using the speakers, could also be a software issue though
- headphone plug-in also had its problems
- it had several software-related issues: the phone did random and spontaneous restarts that were pretty annoying, in the end it was very slow and I always had to wait for reactions, apps were closed regularly out of no reason, calls didn’t reach me although the connection worked fine, …