Solar charger recommendations

WAKAWAKA Power is really what u need! It’s fully compatible with my FP2 equipped with Android 6 AND a resistant and cute slim sleeve now!

2 Likes

Just to update that information.
The WakaWaka+ is now available in a new version offering 3,000 mAh.
I have written down my experience with both waka waka powerbanks in this posting:

Waka waka by now sells the solarpanel seperately with a “solar link” enabeling the panels to charge the phone directly not via the powerbank.

Would any of this manufacturer’s accessories be compatible with the Fairphone 2? The company’s ethos is not so far removed from Fairphone’s.
Nolii

To elaborate, this comes from their entry in ‘The Icon Design Trail 2017’ (a guide to selected highlights of the London Design Festival, which took place between 16 and 24 September):

“As a socially engaged company, nolii will be launching a collaborative project in East Africa later this year with a focus on empowering people by enabling connection.”

I couldn’t find a solar charger on their website.

Apart from that their social approach remains to be disclosed and until then it’s hard in my opinion to judge on it. We will see how transparent that company is about their practices.

With regard to the technical aspects, they - at least for the moment - are clearly aiming at the Apple community.
The “Couple Case” will be available for iPhone 6 and above. The battery and wallet will clip in to the case and the battery has a “lightning” i.e. Apple connecting cable.

Therefore: No, not for Fairphone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.