Software update v1.8 temporarily postponed

Or I’ll go back to the Z Launcher. Honestly, rearranging the launcher is a real pain, even if I take screenshots there are other things I would rather spend my time doing! :smile:

1 Like

As mentioned in the post, we will release the update next week. So stay tuned…

2 Likes

The new Kola Nut update will have the v1 Launcher, same as all prior software versions. So if you are on the 1.0 - 1.6 Fairphone OS, your layout won’t change.

I’m on Kola Nut 1.8. Is that bad news? Thanks for your help.

Yes, better take some screen shots to have it easier afterwards.

Or set up another launcher! Thanks for letting me know Stefan.

1 Like

I hope that there’s a documented migration path for people like me already on 1.8 and want to update to the fixed 1.8 and go to a single partition all in one hit(?).

@anon12454812 Will there be a Unified Partition Storage upgraded for 1.8? Or is there still a downgrade to 1.6 needed?

Yes, there will be a storage upgrade for 1.8.

6 Likes

Thanks @Stefan & @rick, that makes me a happy chappie!

3 Likes

I am beta testing the version 1.8.4 and Bluetooth ist still not working correct for me. Will there be some more bugfixes in the final version?

Hi all,

As we stated last week, the software update Kola Nut 1.8.5 is ready, but unfortunately we are still finalizing the interactive tutorials.

We know many of you found the tutorials helpful, so we are still finalizing this tool in German, French, and Dutch to walk users through the installation process.

In the meantime, we want to share the log of what’s changed with this update. The 1.8.5 update includes bug fixes and overall stability improvements, as well as some known security issues for the version of Android on FP1.

https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203551165

4 Likes

Google Apps installation is now integrated in the revamped Fairphone Updater app;

Please tell me that I can choose not to install it !

If it is not different to the beta, you absolutely can! Google Apps install is optional, just better integrated compared to the Widget.

4 Likes

Yes, it fixes the install issues that many people had, but definitely optional :wink:

3 Likes

I moved 69 posts to a new topic: Kola Nut 1.8.5 manual update

I moved 2 posts to an existing topic: Google Apps can’t be reinstalled

[quote=“therob, post:67, topic:5990”]Just for information, there is now the new version KolaNut 1.8.5 which is intended to replace KolaNut 1.8 and will be send over the air tomorrow, 19th May 2015.

Some related links:

Cheers, Robert
[/quote]

There is also a topic about the manual update to 1.8.5: