Software update Kola Nut 1.8

I read that already. It doesn’t explain what the menu does or if it will replace the quick access menu or the settings button. It only says “New launcher : Press the menu key to get access.” This is not helpful.

3 Likes

Hi,

It doesn’t remove the quick access menu, it just changes the default launcher used on the phone.

2 Likes

I’m on WiFi, I have rebooted and I’m staring at the FairPhone updater app right now, but it says there are no updates available (currently on 1.6). Do I need to be more patient or is something wrong?

edit:
hang on, I disabled WiFi and enabled it again and now the updater app says there is a new version available. Installing now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Marco.

I have never updated to 1.6 because I feared the battery effect. I think I will try this update this evening and downgrade again of I get problems.

regards,
Shiny

Hi Shiny, please do and the downgrading is always on option! Let me know if you run into any issues okay? :wink:

Ahhhhh, the hypersensitive touch screen/ taps interpreted as drags seems to be fixed, and relax.

I can’t install the google apps though, it’s so far alway saying 'Fairphone Updater is updating your operating system in the background. Please try again later, I’ll give it some more time then reboot.

3 Likes

When I try to reinstall the google apps using the widget, it says that the updater is updating the OS in the background and I should try again later. How long is this going to take? It’s not indicating it’s doing anything anywhere.

edit:
Well that fixed itself. I started the FairPhone updater app and closed it again and then the GApps installer worked. Might’ve been a coincidence, dunno.

3 Likes

Hi, all seemed well with update 1.8 except … the keyboard isn’t working. Help!

Keyboard in not working here either… :frowning:

“Android-toetsenbord (AOSP) is gestopt” it says (dutch).

Did you have the Google Apps installed before? If so, you might need to reinstall those first, using the widget.

Is there an option just to install the Google Play app and leave other Google-apps away?

Oh dear… all the work of sorting my apps to convenient folders on the home screen has to be done again. That unfortunately sucks…

4 Likes

Help! Plenty of issues after update:

• My individual homescreens are gone
  • Error message: “Unfortunately, Android keyboard (AOSP) has stopped”
  • When I try to install Google Apps: Error message " Fairphone Updater is updating your operating system in the background. Please try again later" but nothing has changed since 30min !

Wifi is not the issue, is working.

What am I supposed to do?

I waited for a while then just visited the Fairphone Updater app then exited from it and I am now installing the google apps via the widget.

That got fixed for me by opening the updater app and closing it again by pressing the back button (at least, I think that fixed it). Maybe a reboot will help as well.

1 Like

Oh, come on. That ‘tutorial’ is not at all helpful.
“New launcher. Press the menu key to get access.” Are you kidding me?

Show us the changes in the interface. More screenshots. More words to explain how it’s different and how it works. Or show it in a quick Youtube video.

1 Like

The Homescreens come back when you drag an app to the side of the screen. A second homescreen will appear.

The keyboardissue will be solved bij instaling the Google apps.

1 Like

Thank’s Rick & Shiny

@ Fairphone Team:

The link to download the update manually on http://www.fairphone.com/tutorials-en/#/fairphone/fairphone/software-update/usecase/manually-installing-an-update-on-fp1u/2 is invalid (in all 3 languages).

Please fix it.

Thanks, best regards
Bobby

2 Likes