Need help with an issue? While this forum is a wonderful space for our community to connect and share tips, it is a peer-to-peer platform and isn’t monitored by our official support team. For direct troubleshooting and technical support, please head over to our official Repair Portal.
Update went well
Update available but failed to download or install
Availabe in Sweden with Hallon (tre). Update wenr t well but again VoWifi and 5g get enabled after the restart. Not sure if on purpose or a bug.
Glad to see many of the annoyances fixed!
Thanks for the good work!
I lost mobile data on both SIMs right after the update (on my FP6). My Mint SIM for the US and my Telcel SIM for Mexico completely stopped working, even though both were fine before updating. Now I have no mobile data connection at all.
50/50 here. One Fairphone 6 is fine, the other one does not connect to Mobile. However, there is a major T-Mobile outage right now and my carrier rides that network in the USA, so I’m thinking that is the issue.
Got the update today afternoon, 2 days after. DIGI is my carrier.
After the update, the phone did not ask for my SIM card pin, so my SIM card was permanently disabled. I restarted again, and it asked for my SIM pin so it all works again.
After this, Play store didn’t load the first time, it showed just a black screen “There was an error, try again” (First time I ever see this). It loaded normally when I pressed try again. Then I tried to update my apps and nothing was updating. it all worked well once I turned wifi off and on again, so it still seems to not be working very well. This issue isn’t new though, so it isn’t caused by the update.
I will edit my post if something new pops up, I marked it as “Update went well” so far.
I just installd the Update on my Test FP6 at work. Everything went fine (Germany with Deutsche Telekom as carrier). Had so far no issues. After the update it also feels a little bit snappier than before, also no issues with the PlayStore.
Currently I have the feeling that the updates come more often than like a year or two ago (for all FPs).
Since the update, my phone shows me notifications like WhatsApp even when set to do not disturb on the always on display. Anyone else with that problem? What could I try to change this?
Edit: Toggling some of the lock screen/privacy settings back and forth after the update solved this. I still don’t get why this is necessary.
Edit 2 electric boogaloo:
The solution was that (unlike before the update) my favorited/starred contacts were now put through not only as a call, but on WhatsApp as well. I had to change that in the DND-mode settings. It’s unclear to me why the update changed this. Did it introduce this as a new setting? I may never know.
I am really enjoying this fix “The touchscreen’s occasional unresponsiveness has been improved.”. I still experience some lags, but it has definitively improved.