Software Update: FP5.TT45.A.141.20240115

Sorry, I have to tell you, that the update is not available without restrictions. Only if I put out the SIM card, the phone is able to get the update. Putting in the SIM card again, update is not available. This is a workaround if you not using eSIM.
Therefore I´m disappointed about these update policy.

I got it now, awesome! :tada:

2 Likes

It might take some time for the updater app to refresh the cache.
I would suggest you to reboot the device and try again, it should be already available without restrictions from at least this morning.

1 Like

Update installed. No problems. 5G in stable condition. In addition, after shutdown the phone I loaded up my accu to 100% just to have a full basis for the power drain value check. New feature with the pocket mode is obviously perfect for avoiding uncontrolled display actions.
Thank you, that all who were concerned did finally a good job.
Regards.

I see a slight glitch with pocket mode. I use a soft key definition with Nova launcher to switch off my screen (so as to not have to press the physical power button). In pocket mode, screen goes dark for a short moment, and then lits up again, though locked. Pocket mode off, screen does dark and stays dark (as intended)

Thank you, just got this update without SIM card inside. Let’s see what will happen by the next update. :wink:

Got the update last night. Everything seems ok so far. Typing this from the desktop mode on my fairphone. It works with one of my usb-c docks but not my older other one. I’ll double check the old one works with my laptop still otherwise I’m loving it!

When the latest update will be available from the official download site? (https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/18896094650513-Installing-Fairphone-OS-Manually)

File is already on server, “only” is not updated link to it…

1 Like

Perfect, thank you :wink:

Apologies for that, it was our mistake, thanks for flagging it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have also just updated my FP5 (root).

Everything worked again. Perfect.

Many thanks to Fairphone. :+1:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Google Play System Update Stuck?

Now, my FP5 works perfectly.:smiley:

Does anyone have the link to the OTA zip (not factory image)? Would like to try something with avbroot. BTW, why is there no official download link for that? :confused:

edit: NVM, found it!

edit2: Sadly, this is only the incremental OTA, not a full one. Will need to tinker a bit more :frowning:

I think OTA is always incremental, full one is factory image ;⁠-⁠)
And this OTA zip have inside files as is write in avbroot requirements.

1 Like

Not really, OTA images can be both. If you take a look at the official download page, for the FP3 both types are provided. Most custom ROMs (Lineage, iodé) also only have full OTAs for simplicity.

Assuming you refer to the OTA sideload files: For the FP3 thats new and only becasue of the fingerprint issue to give the option to stay on Android 11, so for FPOS the above statement was correct

1 Like

Okay, thank you for the clarification.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.