Software update: FP4.SP2K.B.089.20230807

Yeah, everything seems to work just like before - all obvious bugs and features included. :smile_cat:

1 Like

Usual link to the ota.zip for those that need it.

Here’s a stock boot.img, and a Magisk flavoured boot.img patched with 26.3 :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Thank you so much, you saved my weekend!

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
Only one thing to report so far: I lost a shortcut from the first screen of the home page (Files app, as it happens, can’t think why). It’s a while since I’ve seen that, it used to happen on the FP3.

Wait a second… The Fairphone 4 is still on Android 12? But the FP3 and FP3+ both got 13… what?

I’m about to buy an FP5 and the promise of long term updates is great but I have to say, this is quite worrying to see. Like, Android 14 is just around the corner, is it really going to take years for it to get it?.. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Use deepl translate when you dont understand german…

2 Likes

I think the essential part in that interview with Miquel Ballester is that the goal is to provide Android 14 early 2024 and offer it for FP3(+), FP4 and FP5 as simultaneously as possible.

10 Likes

Also the release of Android 13 for the FP4 has been confirmed for October.

4 Likes

The fastboot package is now available in the usual article.

7 Likes

I just updated to FP4.SPK2K.B.089.20230807. I use 3 button navigation for System Navigation. The real estate space for the three button navigation is now significantly smaller. It is now harder to use them system wide. It looks like the buttons are now only the height of the square, circle, and triangle. Very little space and as a result it causes a lot of frustration. I’ll post to the Support but as usual I think it is good to post here.

Did you just reboot the phone before you open a support ticket?

1 Like

I have rebooted the phone. I’ll try again.

The second reboot worked. FWIW, that’s not the best user experience: to require two reboots, one of which that isn’t requested by the system.

Well such hiccups happen, cant count how many times I reboot my laptops to get them working properly.

Instead of a restart, it could be better to switch off, wait ten seconds and then start the phone/laptop.

This update also applies the ghost touches issue of the previous version: (FP4.SP2J.B.086.20230807) ??

Yes, for any higher build version with the same major Android version the fixes of the previous versions are included - unless stated otherwise (e.g. the fix was reverted or overridden by a different fix).

1 Like

Thx for the Update :slight_smile:

Fairphone im Interview: Android 14 ist für Anfang des nächsten Jahres geplant - ComputerBase

Very Nice Roadmap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone who hasn’t received the update yet? (O2/Aldi Talk Germany).
I have restarted the phone but still my phone tells me that I’m on the latest July 2023 update

4 posts were split to a new topic: Signal Crashes after update