Software update: FP4.SP25.B.058.20230318

Yeah well, I guess what hasn’t been mentioned as changed hasn’t been changed… :grin:
That includes all of my own pet peeves (call quality, brightness, etc.).

But, that been said, one has to admit it is encouraging, because it means Fairphone (the company) stays at the ball, and eventually one day maybe…

Anyway, installed the update, it went quickly and smoothly. :+1:

3 Likes

as of when does an android update when stating restart at the end, shut down the device instead of rebooting it? never come across such a situation.

That’s true, mine did restart, not shut down.

Just noticed: The option of “long” screenshots is only available when triggered by Power + Volume Down (picture left). The new “Screenshot” option won’t offer this (picture right).

2 Likes

So far I did not receive the update yet, still stuck on February 5, 2023

Best to state which network and where you are, the roll outs are not instant for everyone.

yon the forum topic that confirms it’s being provided there is the caveat

The Netherlands: t-mobile

Great to see an update. But for me it looks like the position of the Wallet shortcut on the lock screen has been “improved” by making it disappear?

I think it’s because of the Easter weekend, Dutch carriers haven’t pressed on the OK button yet.

i have just created another thread and will delete or resolve it if i get some help, i received the update yesterday and initiated it this morning… see: Cannot open my phone after OS update
i cannot access my phone.

Tuesday april 11, still no update

1 Like

Some instances can be weeks in the tweeking,

I wonder if the update will come in the Netherlands, still nothing

It may be best to #contactsupport and your carrier for more information.

Edit: @Paul88 I have the update now, maybe your carrier released it as well.

Today I received the update!

Is there any news on the full system image of FP4.SP25.B.058.20230318? I need the boot.img for rooting. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Can’t help you with the full factory images (you can create them by merging the older ones with the OTA updates, if you need them), but I can offer you the latest boot.imges

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply. Another thanks, because they work and the explanation! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be helpful having the same numbers for the update on the phone and in the forum. When the update message appears, I always look for the corresponding forum thread. But this failed this time (maybe also earlier, because it was always a mess finding the thread, but didn’t find the cause). The reason was, that my phone shows “SP25.B.0058”, whereas this thread only has one zero at the 58, the other figures seems not that problem. But with this exact search term (with quotation marks) there is no result (oh yes, there is a result in one posting in a very different thread)

It could be that the forum thread is a slight error ??

Can you show a screen shot of what your phone states ?