Software update: FP4.SP21.B.048.20230215

I know where to set this on the FP4…

1 Like

I see. I just checked, it’s indeed aptX, not aptX HD that is available with my headphones.

I’ve noticed 2 more bugs though (unrelated to the aptX thing):

1. When enabling hotspot, I can’t enable it when 5GHz band is selected. It only works with 2.4GHz. If 5GHz is selected, the switch for enabling the hotspot just resets to off about a second after it’s pressed.
  2. My microSD card started randomly dismounting/disconnecting. When my media player scans the library (I keep my music on the SD card), it never finishes the scan. And then when the issue appears, I see that my file manager suddenly can’t open the folder either. But after just simply waiting a couple minutes, the SD card reappears, and can be accessed. But when I use VLC instead of my regular music player to play a song, it plays one song (to just directly play the file instead of requiring it being added to a library), and for every other song in the folder I get reading errors. Waiting for a few minutes fixes the issue for one song again, and then the same issue appears. Restarting the phone has the same effect as just waiting (i.e. it fixes the issue for a few minutes).

For Point 2 sounds like a nice reproducible bug. Worth contacting Support.

For Point 1 there’s already lots of discussion.

1 Like

I had the behavior with a Sandisk MicroSD card in A11. The only thing that helped was getting a different micro sd card for me (from Samsung)

2 Likes

Does the samsung card work well on the fairphone 4 now? Because I was thinking about upgrading to a 1TB card anyway, and this would be a good excuse (I’m using a 400GB SanDisk card right now).

I’ve got a 512 one, everything is ok.

1 Like

I bought a SAMSUNG EVO Plus Micro-SDXC 512 GB in December and since then it is working fine as mobile storage

Folks, you might like to refer to and to update the Guide - wiki on this.

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can’t Create 5 GHz Hotspot after Android 12 Update

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can’t Create 5 GHz Hotspot after Android 12 Update

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bluetooth audio bug on Android 12

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: FP4 Security Updates need to be more frequent

A post was merged into an existing topic: FP4 Security Updates need to be more frequent

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.